It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 3:09 pm

Rainmeter language package for Atom text editor

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
raiguard

Rainmeter language package for Atom text editor

Post by raiguard »

(Ironically, I was working on this very thing, then somebody else beat me to it!)

Link: https://atom.io/packages/language-rainmeter

Atom is a highly customizable, open-source text editor created by the team at GitHub. Although the program works well and looks fabulous, it does not have support for Rainmeter syntax coloring.

The above linked package will add syntax coloring for .ini and .inc files, to improve readability. To install, open the settings page in Atom, click "+ Install", and search for "language-rainmeter" in the package search box. Click install, restart Atom, and you're good to go!

This package was developed by NightHawkSLO, who I believe is also a contributor to the Rainmeter documentation.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
NighthawkSLO

Re: Rainmeter language package for Atom text editor

Post by NighthawkSLO »

Haha were you working on it aswell? sorry i guess.

Anyway it'd be great if you could help me on this, I wanted to develop it more as it kinda sucks now but I've been struck with a fever and I just couldn't.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

NighthawkSLO wrote:Haha were you working on it aswell? sorry i guess.

Anyway it'd be great if you could help me on this, I wanted to develop it more as it kinda sucks now but I've been struck with a fever and I just couldn't.
I forked your repo and changed the coloring to adopt the current syntax theme's colors, rather than them being hard-coded. I'm also trying to figure out how to implement snippets, I think I'm getting pretty close.

Great job with the grammar! It would have taken me ages to figure that out.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Hi guys - have you figured out how to make this editor the default for editing Rainmeter files?

The GUI in "Manage" is looking for a .exe file and Atom starts with a .cmd file.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\atom\bin\atom.cmd

Cheers for any solutions you have come up with!
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

ms310 wrote:Hi guys - have you figured out how to make this editor the default for editing Rainmeter files?

The GUI in "Manage" is looking for a .exe file and Atom starts with a .cmd file.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\atom\bin\atom.cmd

Cheers for any solutions you have come up with!
Try this:

ConfigEditor=C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\atom\app-XXX\atom.exe
Where XXX - your release number. I have v1.6.2, so mine looks like:

ConfigEditor=C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.6.2\atom.exe
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Thanks - that launches Atom for sure - but the text in the skin is not syntax highlghted, the line feeds are messed up and some characters have been replaced with strange WingDing type characters!

Back to UltraEdit for me I think! Thanks for the help though!
2016-04-03_11h05_25.png

Strangely, another skin worked fine:
2016-04-03_11h07_16.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

ms310 wrote:Thanks - that launches Atom for sure - but the text in the skin is not syntax highlghted, the line feeds are messed up and some characters have been replaced with strange WingDing type characters!

2016-04-03_11h05_25.png
2016-04-03_11h07_16.png
Yeah, Atom's file encoding does something strange with preexisting .ini files. I did find a way to fix it, but I can't remember exactly how. I'll get back to you if I find anything.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

ms310 wrote:Thanks - that launches Atom for sure - but the text in the skin is not syntax highlghted, the line feeds are messed up and some characters have been replaced with strange WingDing type characters!

2016-04-03_11h05_25.png

2016-04-03_11h07_16.png
Set your default preferred encoding as utf16le and you should be done.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Sorry for resurecting this thread again - I had to re-image my PC and now I am stuck - UTF-16LE is not longer working. I have tried UTF-8 and I can see the text, but, the skin then has strange characters in it:

Using UTF-8 - skin is strange
2016-06-01_04h29_02.png
Using UTF-8 - I can edit the text
2016-06-01_04h28_03a.png
Using UTF-16LE - whoa!!!
2016-06-01_04h27_18.png
Thanks for any help you can provide!
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

ms310 wrote:Sorry for resurecting this thread again - I had to re-image my PC and now I am stuck - UTF-16LE is not longer working. I have tried UTF-8 and I can see the text, but, the skin then has strange characters in it:

Using UTF-8 - skin is strange
2016-06-01_04h29_02.png

Using UTF-8 - I can edit the text
2016-06-01_04h28_03a.png

Using UTF-16LE - whoa!!!
2016-06-01_04h27_18.png

Thanks for any help you can provide!
This actually happened to me as well some time ago.
That is because the atom has strange manner towards reading files. Instead of using encoding that file has, it "applies" to the file enconding that was set in the settings of the files. Thus, arom can use only one "universal" encoding for every opened file.