It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:28 am

Notification area for second monitor? (Windows 10)

General topics related to Rainmeter.
LucasD

Notification area for second monitor? (Windows 10)

Post by LucasD »

Hi there,

I use Rainmeter to have a clock on my second monitors task bar because Windows does not support that. Does Rainmeter have a skin/plugin that will add the notification area to my second monitor? Just to be clear because I don't know if "notification area" is the correct term, I simply mean the far right portion of your task bar beside your clock that has volume, networks, and many other programs that have there little symbol there (including rainmeter).

Thanks in advance!
Active Colors

Re: Notification area for second monitor? (Windows 10)

Post by Active Colors »

Welcome on the forums!

Notice that rainmeter is not a shell replacement. Thus it can not be integrated right into the taskbar or other parts of Windows. (Read more at here).

Hovewer all skins have an option to stay topmost. You can use this feature to make a simulation of the taskbar clock by placing your skin on top of your taskbar. And you left with making your own clock.
LucasD

Post by LucasD »

Active Colors wrote:Welcome on the forums!

Notice that rainmeter is not a shell replacement. Thus it can not be integrated right into the taskbar or other parts of Windows. (Read more at here).

Hovewer all skins have an option to stay topmost. You can use this feature to make a simulation of the taskbar clock by placing your skin on top of your taskbar. And you left with making your own clock.
Yes I understand it is not a shell replacement, just wondering if it is actually possible to replicate the notification bar on my second task bar.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

LucasD wrote:Yes I understand it is not a shell replacement, just wondering if it is actually possible to replicate the notification bar on my second task bar.
You could make a skin with the same icons as in your main tray menu but you can not make the icons replicate your original tray in real-time. I mean all the icons would be coded by you.