It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:26 am

Any way to quick-switch rainmeter desktops/themes?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jdhthegr8

Any way to quick-switch rainmeter desktops/themes?

Post by jdhthegr8 »

Hey guys, I'm possibly interested in using Rainmeter but I had a question about it.

I'm a guy that has a wallpaper folder with thousands of pictures on it cycling through all the time. I like being able to mix up what is on the desktop. I think Rainmeter could give me even more options but I was wondering how easy it was to switch between themes once they've been created? If I have menus and icons set up a particular way for one theme, is it possible to switch to another that has completely different ones on the fly? Any response appreciated in advance!

EDIT: And also, is it possible to switch back to a traditional desktop as it was before applying a Rainmeter theme without uninstalling it? Like having an option for "No theme" and just operating as a standard Windows desktop?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Any way to quick-switch rainmeter desktops/themes?

Post by jsmorley »

jdhthegr8 wrote:Hey guys, I'm possibly interested in using Rainmeter but I had a question about it.

I'm a guy that has a wallpaper folder with thousands of pictures on it cycling through all the time. I like being able to mix up what is on the desktop. I think Rainmeter could give me even more options but I was wondering how easy it was to switch between themes once they've been created? If I have menus and icons set up a particular way for one theme, is it possible to switch to another that has completely different ones on the fly? Any response appreciated in advance!

EDIT: And also, is it possible to switch back to a traditional desktop as it was before applying a Rainmeter theme without uninstalling it? Like having an option for "No theme" and just operating as a standard Windows desktop?
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/#LayoutsTab
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I think jdhthegr8 want to be able to switch the layouts through a click or when some condition is met. If so, you could use the !LoadLayout bang:

Code: Select all

[MeterLoadLayout]
Meter=String
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "MySavedLayout"]
This code will work if you have saved the MySavedLayout layout.
jdhthegr8

Post by jdhthegr8 »

Thanks for the info! The manual entry for the Layouts tab should have what I need, but I'll also consider balala's response as well. Guess I'll go ahead and take the leap
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

jdhthegr8 wrote:Thanks for the info! The manual entry for the Layouts tab should have what I need, but I'll also consider balala's response as well. Guess I'll go ahead and take the leap
As you can see in that image in the manual, you can create a "blank" Layout if you want, which will quickly let you unload all skins while keeping Rainmeter running.

You can quickly switch Layouts with the Rainmeter tray icon context menu:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/context-menus/#RainmeterContextMenus
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.