It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:31 am

Uninstalling Rainmeter on a Windows 10 System

General topics related to Rainmeter.
DigitalComet

Uninstalling Rainmeter on a Windows 10 System

Post by DigitalComet »

Hello everyone,

Recently I downloaded and installed Rainmeter version 3.2.1 r2386 64-bit and searched through the forums for cool stuff. I found something I wanted to grab but when I tried to open it I got a message saying "Rainmeter 3.3.0.0 or higher is required to install this package. Get the latest version from rainmeter.net and try again." So I thought ok, i'll just uninstall the current version I have and hit up rainmeter.net for version 3.3.0.0 and press forward. But as I went through my system and opened up the window 'programs and features' on my system, scrolled down to rainmeter and clicked uninstall/change I hit a road block without my drivers license and my computer keeps telling me :x "NSIS Error", "Error launching installer." :x

Semi-long story short, if anyone out there has a remedy to this issue please help bring clarity to my small knowledge of rainmeter so I can start enjoying rainmeter awesomeness.
fonpaolo

Re: Uninstalling Rainmeter on a Windows 10 System

Post by fonpaolo »

First of all, you don't need to uninstall the previous version of Rainmeter to install the updated version:
1- download the new version;
2- install the new version;
3- it overwrites the old files with all the new ones.

Try to install the new version, as said before, since it will overwrite all, probably it could take care and "fix" the error.
DigitalComet

Post by DigitalComet »

Thank you for all of the help. :D
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

You're welcome. :D