It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:29 am

Help me identify source of occasional Rainmeter high cpu usage.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
sammael

Help me identify source of occasional Rainmeter high cpu usage.

Post by sammael »

Every now and then I notice Rainmeter.exe consuming in excess of 5% of cpu with spikes to 11-12%. This usually happens after longer uptime, i.e. going 3-4 days without restart (I know under windows it's asking for trouble but still). Restarting Rainmeter.exe does not solve this, nor does restarting HWiNFO (which is the only plugin I use). I tried unloading skins one by one and the behaviour remains the same even if no skin is displayed. The only thing bringing it back to normal (i.e. less than 1% cpu usage) is computer reboot.

using Rainmeter 3.3 Beta Release (r2468) on Windows 10 64Bit, 2 monitors rainmeter skins on the secondary one if that matters. Rest of the system is:
i5-4690K @4.5GHz core clock, 4.0 GHz uncore clock @ 1.20V VCore (overclock is stable tested 20h+ on Prime95 without error)
16 Gb ram @ 1600MHz (stock values, no OC as I never noticed the difference apart from synthetic benchmarks)
Cables,HDDs,mobo,stuff etc. (don't think any of the rest matters ask me if it does)

This is how the process looks in ProcExp (the cpu time is low as it's after restarting the process, not PC)

Basically I'm just looking for some pointers how to identify the source of the issue as it happens rather randomly.