It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:58 pm

balala now a Rainmeter Sage

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: balala now a Rainmeter Sage

Post by jsmorley »

Mordasius wrote: P.S. is it me or are some of the "w"s looking a little washed out on the second down stroke?
www WWW www WWW www WWW www WWW

I'm not really getting that on my system. All looks right to me.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote:www WWW www WWW www WWW www WWW

I'm not really getting that on my system. All looks right to me.
Yup and now it looks fine on mine...

Seems it was something to do with using a combination of Medium-sized text (125%) in Windows 7 and [Ctrl]-[+] or [Ctrl]-[-] in Firefox. As you were....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Congratulations, balala! You really have done great job helping us on the forums. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thanks, Active Colors.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Congratulations, balala. And thank you for your help on some of my topics as well!
It almost feels like you're jsmorley's alter ego, haha! When he's "switched off", you're "switched on" and viceversa.

JSMorley, are you sure you didn't give up the "Sage" rank to yourself by "mistake"? :D You know, like Santa Claus giving himself a gift on holidays... :?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote:Congratulations, balala. And thank you for your help on some of my topics as well!
Thank you too and you're welcome.
Yincognito wrote:It almost feels like you're jsmorley's alter ego, haha! When he's "switched off", you're "switched on" and viceversa.
That's probably because of the time difference. If I'm not wrong, there are arround 8 hours between him and me.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote:That's probably because of the time difference. If I'm not wrong, there are arround 8 hours between him and me.
Yes, that would explain it. I suspected Santa Claus didn't exist though...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mordasius wrote: Yup and now it looks fine on mine...

Seems it was something to do with using a combination of Medium-sized text (125%) in Windows 7 and [Ctrl]-[+] or [Ctrl]-[-] in Firefox. As you were....
I was also getting that washed 'w' thing, but only one time on this new Rainmeter theme - that's why I didn't say anything the first time. But today I got the washed 'w' thing on another page (so not on Rainmeter's forum) - this is interesting.

I'm not using Medium-sized text, neither did I hit [Ctrl]-[+] or [Ctrl]-[-] in Firefox, but I do use Windows 7 and Firefox though. And I didn't notice this thing happening before. Didn't update Firefox or its addons either lately, so maybe it has something to do with that? O.O

EDIT: Just finished typing and then noticed this (on Rainmeter's forum) - only on the reply titles. Now I'm like...wtf? :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Congrats balala!
:circle:
A well-deserved recognition for your continual community help and support here! :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote:Congrats balala!
:circle:
A well-deserved recognition for your continual community help and support here! :thumbup:
A little off topic, but I saw you're good with transformation matrix, feeds and moving texts. I had an addon for Firefox called RSSTicker, which "scrolled" the texts of the feeds much like the pretty common TV news ticker. Unfortunately, his author has stopped developing it, due to the constant changes in the Firefox engine. Do you think it would be doable in Rainmeter with decent CPU usage? And if you do, do you think it would make a good project for you? :D