Re: Windows media player

Post by Chewtoy »

mamen wrote::( It should be
You might be in luck actually.
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=595&p=16104#p16104
vigge_sWe

Post by vigge_sWe »

Chewtoy wrote: Then you have a problem. Those things are not available with WMP at this moment.
WMP must send it out somehow, as MSN can read it... If songname and artist is in the windows title, then you can get it from there, that's how I get the title from Spotify
mamen

Post by mamen »

But how do i get it? I really dont understand very much how does rainmeter works with the code..
vigge_sWe

Post by vigge_sWe »

mamen wrote:But how do i get it? I really dont understand very much how does rainmeter works with the code..
I checked it, WMP isn't adding songtitles to the windows title, so best hope would to be to hack the MSN plugin
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

vigge_sWe wrote:
Or just use an opensource client that does the same thing? Like... Emesene or something.
Nooby4Ever

Post by Nooby4Ever »

Logitech G15 applet can do it
Last edited by Nooby4Ever on January 24th, 2012, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt.davey

Post by Matt.davey »

After some poking around, MSN get's the song information by querying a plugin within windows media player itself.

while not trivial, it should be possible to write a WMP plugin that dumps Song Title / Artist / Album / Duration to the registry (there's already a plugin that does this that's really old available) and then retreive and return this information using a rainmeter plugin.

It might also be possible to query the MSN Messenger plugin, but I'm pretty sure that the plugin is pushing the information over to MSN specifically, instead of storing it somewhere where we could hijack and use it.

Something else to have a look at, and a good way to cut my teeth on plugin writing i think . . .
Matt.davey

Post by Matt.davey »

That said, both the G15, and Ventrilo seem to be able to extract this information without using a WMP plugin, and Ventrilo definitely does it with the Live Messenger Plugin Disabled, so there *must* be some way of doing it. Will have a gander today methinks.