It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:25 am

Implementing .dll files and devices

General topics related to Rainmeter.
EmptyFridge

Implementing .dll files and devices

Post by EmptyFridge »

Hello!

I remember reading that .dll files can be incorporated as plugins to rainmeter to provide more functionality that is not incorporated in the rainmeter itself. I have a rather niche idea that I would like to know whether it is possible or not from someone with more knowledge about the rainmeter program than I. I apologize in advance that I have not done research into this idea yet as I haven't had the time and I wanted to know if these seems possible before investing a lot of time into it.

What I want to do is this: I want to add a .dll plugin to a rainmeter skin that can send data through a USB port to a USB to DMX converter. The .dll should be in C for Windows if I'm not mistaken (haven't used it for a little bit now). I'm really curious how the C code would apply and how one would go about this.

I will be doing research as soon as I find time, but was wondering if someone could help me get a head start and knew more about using .dll plugins and knew if this was going to work or not ahead of time.

Thank you!
FreeRaider

Re: Implementing .dll files and devices

Post by FreeRaider »

The only thing I can do is point you in this page, at the bottom of it there is "Creating Rainmeter Plugins".

I hope this help you to starting.