It is currently April 30th, 2024, 1:28 pm

MYiniMeter - A minimalistic title-bar skin suite

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: MYiniMeter - A minimalistic title-bar skin suite

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 1st, 2023, 4:02 pm What? I can't understand this: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=219090#p219104

Anyways, I was talking in general... Do not click the rapid-fire button: an actual mouse button that sends a defined-key in rapid-succession, consistently - within few ms; behaviour modifiable - in my case the left-mouse button for my player, and scroll down for yours...
Also, MMPI has a new name: Neo Music Player, I have been modifying its behaviour for quite some time, and seeing that it's not exactly "Minimalistic", I thought it needs a Neo-Name. (See what I did here?)
It (Your Player skin) certainly does hang the player and Rainmeter; Now that you are saying it does not do this in your case, it must be the fault of my low-memory (which is actually not that low, seeing how other things remain totally-unaffected other than aforesaid apps).

Edit: I don't know if it crashes other players or not, but it certainly does AIMP. :oops: (This is prevented by providing it a higher memory-cache and priority). So, Rainmeter crashes nonetheless, but Player remains intact after this. So, if I were to point fingers somewhere (other than the keyboard :D ), it would definitely be skins - both your and mine.
Indeed, if a skin crashing Rainmeter cannot be replicated on all systems, it's generally the user's system, configuration or actions at fault. That's the bug debugging manual 101. But yes, this is curious why it happens for you and not me for my Player skin (don't know about your MMPI / Neo one or AIMP). I can upload a video proving that my player skin doesn't crash on a file sharing site if really needed or my word is not enough (yes, I know you didn't say that). Now I'll have to take a look at the Chinese / Japanese / Korean character issue and use the track info you provided to see if I can replicate it on my system, to examine the last unexamined point from your reports. ;-)
Last edited by Yincognito on November 1st, 2023, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: October 31st, 2023, 11:58 amNow, thanks to you I found 2 bugs (was not looking but saw it), thought I can report here:
[...]
2. Player:
[...]
b) Other language symbols appear as ???????
Attachments below show 1: The Player Skin (I was only changing the gradient - did not touch another line). 2. My skin showing symbols.
ZXCVBOT wrote: November 1st, 2023, 9:52 amIf you want to test, edit your metadata temporarily:
Title: 魔神城のねむり姫 [Majin-Jō no Nemuri Hime]
Album: 大全集 [Daizenshū]
Artist: 菊池俊輔 [Shunsuke Kikuchi]
As mentioned above, I just tested the metadata you provided earlier to see if I get the ????? characters issue you talked about in your case, and the images speak for themselves:
Player Unicode - Artist.jpg
Player Unicode - Title.jpg
I know you concluded it's not my skin's fault after testing another properly encoded skin, just wanted to look at it for myself and let you know of the results. Also, just to cover all angles, I performed a file comparison in my file manager to see if it could be from the changes operated since the 1.4.0 version, but apart from the ones regarding lyrics, there are none, so that version should behave exactly like the one I use now in the Unicode and such regard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Yincognito wrote: November 1st, 2023, 5:33 pm I can upload a video proving that my player skin doesn't crash on a file sharing site if really needed or my word is not enough (yes, I know you didn't say that).
No need for any video. Your word is enough.
Yincognito wrote: November 1st, 2023, 5:56 pm As mentioned above, I just tested the metadata you provided earlier to see if I get the ????? characters issue you talked about in your case, and the images speak for themselves:
Player Unicode - Artist.jpg
Player Unicode - Title.jpg
I know you concluded it's not my skin's fault after testing another properly encoded skin, just wanted to look at it for myself and let you know of the results. Also, just to cover all angles, I performed a file comparison in my file manager to see if it could be from the changes operated since the 1.4.0 version, but apart from the ones regarding lyrics, there are none, so that version should behave exactly like the one I use now in the Unicode and such regard.
I can't believe it... I had attached the images.. I had given the same title and everything to you... Each image taken within seconds. I can't understand why or how this is possible... :???:

This is the result. I have no words.

Edit (5 seconds after posting): Did you try and pause this? Is the result same when it is paused?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 1st, 2023, 6:11 pmI can't believe it... I had attached the images.. I had given the same title and everything to you... Each image taken within seconds. I can't understand why or how this is possible... :???:

This is the result. I have no words.

Edit (5 seconds after posting): Did you try and pause this? Is the result same when it is paused?
Well, to be honest (not that I'm not otherwise), your previous issue with the antialiases for fonts looked strange too, from my prespective - it shouldn't have happened either, so who knows, maybe it's a connection between them somehow (just speculating, of course)?

I didn't try to pause it, but changed the metadata of the same .mp3 again now that you said it and pausing / italicizing the text doesn't affect character encoding either:
Player Unicode - Paused.jpg
Obviously, it does illustrate the italic ] issue at the end of the string that you mentioned earlier, but that's simple to solve as I already identified the reason for it (also, the ] is prone to this issue because of its square like shape, I bet it doesn't happen for "o"-s and "a"-s characters, even if they are at the end of the string).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

I guess these might be the very limits of Portable-Rainmeter.. Nothing I can do.. Maybe a Developer can comment?
Is this why Standard Installation is recommended?

Edit: It's fixed automatically????!!!!
Screenshot 2023-11-02 013517.png
I just switched off the shuffle and isolated the file to test. I don't know anything else.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

I am getting new errors as of now, I did not get these before today, and am using default settings (except 2-3 things, but I haven't touched anything since that time - Never touched the Tooltip, or any other skin in this case, except Player and if you count - Settings/Variables) any errors and I would have reverted it.
Screenshot 2023-11-05 140454.png
My first instinct was to reinstall it - it did not change the outcome. Any particular reason why this is happening?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 5th, 2023, 5:04 pm I am getting new errors as of now, I did not get these before today, and am using default settings (except 2-3 things, but I haven't touched anything since that time - Never touched the Tooltip, or any other skin in this case, except Player and if you count - Settings/Variables) any errors and I would have reverted it.

Screenshot 2023-11-05 140454.png

My first instinct was to reinstall it - it did not change the outcome. Any particular reason why this is happening?
I know this sounds odd, but this is "normal" and won't affect the expected behavior. You might once in a while also encounter strange situations when the tooltip skin will not be shown... even though it technically should (I even posted a bug report on this, showing that such a skin can be shown as unloaded in the Manage Rainmeter window and loaded in the right click context menu, but the behavior is almost impossible to replicate since it occurs almost randomly). There are also two expected "errors" about regex parsing in the Weather skin, but again those are an assumed consequence of how I designed those patterns.

As far as I can tell you, you should disregard any error thrown by the suite, as those are mostly things I personally have no control over and are specific to the Rainmeter program. I know it doesn't look like it if you go by the size and apparent simplicity of my skins, but I push Rainmeter to its limits in some of them and it shows (well, I almost always push it to the limit, but that's another matter, lol). Bottom line, you can relax on the "error" front, those are normal in this case.

Obviously, if such an error results in unexpected behavior, then yes, corrections should be made. This isn't the case here though - I'm familiar with them and get them too, and everything works fine regardless (bar the loaded / unloaded state of the tooltip skin, which requires a manual click on its bullet from the context menu to get back to its senses).

EDIT: Here you go:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=35651
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Oh! I did not check these things before posting. But, they were good - in a few skins atleast. As for the "Quick" movements, I don't think that they are the culprit here. I move the mouse gently over the skins and keep them over if any tooltip/hover function is present. The tooltip not showing is the main reason I attached the images.

PS: How do I see the log file in Rainmeter (not the log window)? How to export it? Or it's location?
Limit-Breaker huh? :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 5th, 2023, 7:51 pm Oh! I did not check these things before posting. But, they were good - in a few skins atleast. As for the "Quick" movements, I don't think that they are the culprit here. I move the mouse gently over the skins and keep them over if any tooltip/hover function is present. The tooltip not showing is the main reason I attached the images.

PS: How do I see the log file in Rainmeter (not the log window)? How to export it? Or it's location?
Limit-Breaker huh? :D
The Rainmeter log can be seen or saved by starting Rainmeter with Debug and Log To File checked in the Settings tab from the Manage Rainmeter window:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/#SettingsTab
So a Rainmeter restart is recommended after checking those.

Yeah, like I said, a very simple solution to the tooltip skin not showing on occasion is to click its bullet from the context menu. That will "reset" it to its "true" unloaded state, so it can be loaded as usual when hovering over the titles from the main skins in the suite. It's a pity this happens, but it is what it is. I guess that using ActionTimer for animations and including the tooltip skin's contents in the main skins would avoid this issue altogether, but there are some advantages in having a universal and independent tooltip skin that can be used anywhere and populated as desired, advantages I'm not so sure I would like to lose... :confused:
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

You know what? I think I've had it with Rainmeter and idiotic errors :uhuh: : the tooltip's back.... automatically.
Why is this happening to me - something happens - again and again - I report it - thing gets solved by magic - reset to beginning.