It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:53 pm

Plugin: Chameleon

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Plugin: Chameleon

Post by jsmorley »

Virginityrocks wrote:Not working here. Windows 10 x64.

Displaying in white only.
Works fine here.

4.0.0 beta r2609 64-bit (Apr 8 2016)
Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (build 14316)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Jeffrey\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\Jeffrey\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

What skin do you use and what do your Rainmeter logs say?

Also, be sure you have the latest Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable runtime installed, you can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 (that fixes the error 126 which is basically "hey you need the 2015 redistributable"). I forgot that upgrading VS also changes the default runtime library so it doesn't use the same one Rainmeter itself uses. It should work out of the box once the Rainmeter devs update, but since it's an easy fix I see no reason to hound them on it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Socks the Fox wrote:What skin do you use and what do your Rainmeter logs say?

Also, be sure you have the latest Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable runtime installed, you can find it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 (that fixes the error 126 which is basically "hey you need the 2015 redistributable"). I forgot that upgrading VS also changes the default runtime library so it doesn't use the same one Rainmeter itself uses. It should work out of the box once the Rainmeter devs update, but since it's an easy fix I see no reason to hound them on it.
We don't include any runtimes anymore. Everything we need from VC++ is in the executable. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_library. You really need to do this with your plugin as well. We have long-ago converted to 2015, but if you are depending on runtime libraries being installed, you are going to get lots of failures. You can't depend on Rainmeter to install them.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2kzt1wy3.aspx
1.png
Be sure you set it for both Release/x64 and Release/Win32 configurations.
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

I've gotten started on 1.5 of Chameleon. Right now I don't have much in the way of planned features, so if you have any ideas you want included, go ahead and suggest them!

The main changes so far are mostly back end things. My aim is to restructure the project a bit to filter the core chameleon library out to it's own project so maybe others can use it for non-rainmeter things (how about a video player with controls that match the video?) and to allow static linking so no more downloading the Visual Studio Runtime (and also to get the test app out of the Rainmeter repo so one doesn't need the entire wxWidgets library built to debug the plugin).

I might also look in to simplifying the code a bit, but it's mostly working so I don't want to risk breaking things.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Socks the Fox wrote:I've gotten started on 1.5 of Chameleon. Right now I don't have much in the way of planned features, so if you have any ideas you want included, go ahead and suggest them!

The main changes so far are mostly back end things. My aim is to restructure the project a bit to filter the core chameleon library out to it's own project so maybe others can use it for non-rainmeter things (how about a video player with controls that match the video?) and to allow static linking so no more downloading the Visual Studio Runtime (and also to get the test app out of the Rainmeter repo so one doesn't need the entire wxWidgets library built to debug the plugin).

I might also look in to simplifying the code a bit, but it's mostly working so I don't want to risk breaking things.
This all sound fabulous to me Socks...
FreeRaider

Post by FreeRaider »

Socks the Fox, is it possible to implement the possibility of using a part of the image or the desktop wallpaper using X(i), Y(i), H(i), W(i) (using a letter "i" to distinguish them from the already known X, Y, H, W) ?

For example, if I have an image 160x130 px, the plugin should capture the colours that are found in the area formed by the following points: X(i) = 0, Y(i) = 105, H(i) = 25 W(i) = 100 (relative to top-left edge of the image).

Thanks for your plugin.
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

Yes! I was considering something like that myself actually, because I have a number of desktops that are larger than my screens (and so the colors picked don't make as much sense for what can be seen).

It would have to apply to the parent measure due to the way Chameleon works, but it could be done. I'd probably just use the traditional X,Y,W,H. I'll add that to the feature suggestions.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Hi Socks!

What do you think about some modification-parameters that change hue, light and saturation of the selected color based on the HSL (or HLS) color-model?

ModifyHue to accept an angle from 0 to 360
ModifyLight and ModifySaturation to accept a percentage from 0 to 1

The values would accept positive or negative values (with an optional "+" / "-")

for example: if you code a parameter "ModifySaturation=0.5" it would add 50% to the saturation of the color.

(personally i have a solution in LUA that does exactly that but it would be very handy if that would be included in your plugin)
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

I think that would probably be a little better left on it's own. Right now I don't want to add a lot of color manipulation code when that'd be more useful as it's own Lua script or plugin. Basically, I just want Chameleon to do this one thing well and not add in a whole lot of stuff :3
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Ah, ok. Nevertheless: thank you for spending your time on this plugin!