It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:41 pm

Plugin: Chameleon

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Cariboudjan

Re: Plugin: Chameleon

Post by Cariboudjan »

ryanchuang wrote: March 15th, 2020, 2:52 pm I have exact questions as these issues. However,when I moving around the skins,it does change immediately though.
Actually with that specific bug, the problem seems to have been resolved by updating Windows. Currently using Windows 10 1903.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Is there a way to have this return a color that I can set a transparency value to?

Example:

[DesktopBG2]64

This, I would like, set the color with a decimal value of 100 for the transparency part.

I have a simple rectangle as my background and I would like to fill it with this color with a transparency of 100.

[Rectanglebackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,332,122 | Fill Color [DesktopBG2]64
DynamicVariables=1

Thanks for guidance!
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

You mean your fill color description Fill Color [DesktopBG2]64 doesn't work? Chameleon measure option is Format=Hex?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: March 18th, 2020, 7:14 am Is there a way to have this return a color that I can set a transparency value to?

Example:

[DesktopBG2]64

This, I would like, set the color with a decimal value of 100 for the transparency part.

I have a simple rectangle as my background and I would like to fill it with this color with a transparency of 100.

[Rectanglebackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,332,122 | Fill Color [DesktopBG2]64
DynamicVariables=1

Thanks for guidance!

Code: Select all

; ========= Measures ==========
[Desktop]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Type=Desktop
;Format=Dec
ContextAwareColors=0

[DesktopFG1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=Desktop
Color=Foreground1
;Format=Dec

[DesktopFG2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=Desktop
Color=Foreground2
;Format=Dec

[DesktopBG1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=Desktop
Color=Background1
;Format=Dec

[DesktopBG2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=Desktop
Color=Background2
;Format=Dec

[DesktopFG2Decimal]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=Desktop
Color=Foreground2
Format=Dec

; ========= Meters ==========
[Rectanglebackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,332,122 | Fill Color [DesktopBG2]64 | Stroke Color [DesktopfG2Decimal],200
DynamicVariables=1
Your code should work.
chamsq.png
Are there any errors in the !About log?
chamlog.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Works fine for me...

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Any way to force a skin to use an older version of a plugin? Chameleon 1.6.1 is destroying Rainmeter. People aren't able to reopen the app.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

I am not sure about the Rainmeter destruction you said, but if you want to use older version of Chameleon, you can overwrite your Chameleon.dll of ver.1.6.1 with old one using Explorer, I think.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Sox, someone found how to prevent chameleon crashing Rainmeter. ContextAwareColors=1 crashes rainmeter. Setting to 0 stops crashing.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Thank you all - I had a typo. This worked fine:

Code: Select all

[Rectanglebackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,332,122 | Fill Color [DesktopBG2],200 | Stroke Color [DesktopAve],255
DynamicVariables=1
I didn't have a comma between the color and the transparency value, and since it is DEC if should be a decimal number.

Thanks all!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Cariboudjan wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 6:25 pm Sox, someone found how to prevent chameleon crashing Rainmeter. ContextAwareColors=1 crashes rainmeter. Setting to 0 stops crashing.
Until Socks has a chance to look into "ContextAware" crashes, you can use an earlier version by replacing the Chameleon.dll installed in Rainmeter.

This has to be done manually because Rainmeter will not overwrite a newer version of a plugin if an older version is in the installation package.

You will find all versions of Chameleon you have installed in your "Rainmeter\Skins\@Vault\Plugins\Chameleon" folder.

First exit Rainmeter.
Open the vault folder in explorer and select a lower numbered folder (I went to '1.5.0.0' but '1.6.0.0' should also prevent crashes).
Open the bit version folder that matches your system (most newer systems will be 64bit).
Copy the "Chameleon.dll" file from that folder.

For standard Rainmeter installations,
navigate in explorer to "C:\Users\(YourUserName}\AppDAta\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins" and paste the copied file; replace the existing file.
For portable installs, the "Plugins" folder will be in the same folder you created when you installed Rainmeter.

That's it. Restart Rainmeter. All skins designed to work with Chameleon should no longer crash.