It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:24 am

Plugin: Chameleon

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Virginityrocks

Re: Plugin: Chameleon

Post by Virginityrocks »

Is there any way to have the colors in 255,255,255 instead of hex code?
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

Yes! If you specify "Format=Dec" it'll give you decimal color codes.
Author of Chameleon :: Like my plugin? Consider donating! I don't need much :3
Geingly

Post by Geingly »

I dont think this works for Windows 8 because whenever I try it on my Win. 8 PC The skins are just plain white, other skins that use this plugin also dont copy the color of Images/BG etc. and just sticks to ther default color.
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

Do you have the VS2015 Runtime installed and up to date? 1.4 and earlier still need it separately installed since I was under the impression Rainmeter did things differently.

If that doesn't fix it, you might check the Rainmeter log and let me know what's there.
GLing

Post by GLing »

Hey Socks,

I was thinking an option for selective weighting would be good i.e. saturation has a higher value than count etc. This way if an image only has a couple colors on a grey background or something you could grab the more saturated colors before the grey even though it has a higher count. This would be useful for many of the music album covers which are a small number of pixels with one or two colors on black, white, grey, or even a muted color which have the majority of the pixels.
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

Internally it actually already does that, I just haven't exposed it to users because it's a god awful PITA of trial-and-error to try and get it to pick the colors you'd expect. I don't know how I'd go about exposing it, but ideas are welcome. Internally it has 6 weights per color selection; count, edge count, bg1 distance, fg1 distance, saturation and contrast. bg1 distance and fg1 distance don't do anything on either bg1 or fg1, they're more for the secondary colors.

In other news I've got the cropping code set up, and next I want to clean up the Rainmeter code a little bit, but other than that I'm mostly done with 1.5. I've narrowed down the desktop weights and it's been picking colors beautifully (even with the album arts I've been feeding it, which are a lot thanks to the Homestuck diskography).
GLing

Post by GLing »

Socks the Fox wrote:Internally it actually already does that, I just haven't exposed it to users because it's a god awful PITA of trial-and-error to try and get it to pick the colors you'd expect. I don't know how I'd go about exposing it, but ideas are welcome. Internally it has 6 weights per color selection; count, edge count, bg1 distance, fg1 distance, saturation and contrast. bg1 distance and fg1 distance don't do anything on either bg1 or fg1, they're more for the secondary colors.

In other news I've got the cropping code set up, and next I want to clean up the Rainmeter code a little bit, but other than that I'm mostly done with 1.5. I've narrowed down the desktop weights and it's been picking colors beautifully (even with the album arts I've been feeding it, which are a lot thanks to the Homestuck diskography).
That's great that 1.5 is progressing well, lookin forward to it. Could custom colors be an option for getting user weighting?

Example:

Code: Select all

[ChameleonPlugin]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Type=Desktop

[DesktopCustomColor1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=ChameleonPlugin
Weight=0.2, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.5
Color=Custom1
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

Something like that might work, yes... I'll see about adding it. It'll require a bit of rework of the core Chameleon library but shouldn't be too bad of a thing since adding useful features is always nice :3
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Getting a strange error - had my PC reloaded with Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit from scratch - now no Rainmeter plugins are working - I am getting a -126 error. The plugins are there according to Rainmeter but the LOG tells me the Chameleon plugin cannot be loaded.

I have tried to load the c++ distributable for 32-bit and 64-bit. I run them as admin (I am an admin) and nothing seems to happen - no confirmation or popups.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote:Getting a strange error - had my PC reloaded with Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit from scratch - now no Rainmeter plugins are working - I am getting a -126 error. The plugins are there according to Rainmeter but the LOG tells me the Chameleon plugin cannot be loaded.

I have tried to load the c++ distributable for 32-bit and 64-bit. I run them as admin (I am an admin) and nothing seems to happen - no confirmation or popups.
VS2015 Runtime?