It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:31 am

Poll: How Many Computer Monitors Do You Use?

General topics related to Rainmeter.

How many computer monitors do you typically use?

One monitor (or laptop screen)
38%
Two monitors
35%
Three monitors
18%
Four monitors
3%
Five or more monitors (?!)
6%

Total votes: 34
exper1mental

Poll: How Many Computer Monitors Do You Use?

Post by exper1mental »

As the title states, this is a poll about how many monitors people use.

I'm posting this because I'm a bit curious to see how much of the Rainmeter community uses more than one monitor (which is helpful for determining whether or not to add multimonitor support to projects)
Nebbishatudub

Re: Poll: How Many Computer Monitors Do You Use?

Post by Nebbishatudub »

I have a series of skins that I use on a multi-monitor system as well as a single monitor system. My only issue right now with multi-monitor skins is the "Keep on screen" option built into Rainmeter will cut everything off that isn't displayed on the primary monitor.

I've included an skin showing how I've done a lot of my own stuff. There might be a better way to do it though

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[Metadata]
Name=Satoria Right Sidebar
Author=Nebbishatudub
Information=A cosmetic region on the right side of the screen within which other Satoria skins can be "docked."
Version=0.150809

[Variables]
color.DGray=96,96,96
color.Black=0,0,0
color.Transparent=0,0,0,1
GLOBAL.Width=214
local.X=(#VSCREENAREAWIDTH# - #GLOBAL.Width#)

[MEASURES]

; ==================================================================================================
; 
; 
; 
; ==================================================================================================

[METERS]

; 
; There are four different meters in the skin.  The first two set up the black-ish region, while
; the third and fourth meters create the 1 pixel border on the left.
; 

[Main_Region]
Meter=IMAGE
x=#local.X#
y=0
w=#GLOBAL.Width#
h=(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# - (#GLOBAL.Width# * 0.5))
SolidColor=#color.Black#,128

[Fade_Region]
Meter=IMAGE
x=#local.X#
y=(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# - (#GLOBAL.Width# * 0.5))
w=#GLOBAL.Width#
h=(#GLOBAL.Width# * 0.5)
SolidColor=#color.Black#,128
SolidColor2=#color.Transparent#
GradientAngle=90

[Main_Border]
Meter=IMAGE
x=(#local.X# - 1)
y=0
w=1
h=(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# - (#GLOBAL.Width# * 0.5))
SolidColor=#color.DGray#

[Fade_Border]
Meter=IMAGE
x=(#local.X# - 1)
y=(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT# - (#GLOBAL.Width# * 0.5))
w=1
h=(#GLOBAL.Width# * 0.5)
SolidColor=#color.DGray#
SolidColor2=#color.Transparent#
GradientAngle=90
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Not to get off topic here but i would love to see the setup of the "5 or more monitors" guy :p
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

.raptor wrote:Not to get off topic here but i would love to see the setup of the "5 or more monitors" guy :p
Easy.. First result from google http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/23/cinemassive-omegaplex-27-6-million-pixels-for-12-995/

Another impresive one O.O

I used to have dual setup on PC, not very high tech though (2x19" LG 1440x900, with about 4cm frame between both), but since one of them died I've switched to a single 23" 1920x1080 LG IPS237L-BN.
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Nebbishatudub wrote:I have a series of skins that I use on a multi-monitor system as well as a single monitor system. My only issue right now with multi-monitor skins is the "Keep on screen" option built into Rainmeter will cut everything off that isn't displayed on the primary monitor.

I've included an skin showing how I've done a lot of my own stuff. There might be a better way to do it though
From my understanding "Keep on screen" is not for multi-screen skins. The description in the manual states that "if KeepOnScreen is set to 1, the skin will be kept within the bounds of the screen." Your best options from my perspective would be to disable KeepOnScreen or to split the skin into individual skins for each screen.

Jsmorley would be the one to ask about this though (and btw this discussion should move to a separate thread).
.raptor wrote:Not to get off topic here but i would love to see the setup of the "5 or more monitors" guy :p
lysy1993lbn wrote:Easy.. First result from google http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/23/cinemassive-omegaplex-27-6-million-pixels-for-12-995/

Another impresive one O.O

I used to have dual setup on PC, not very high tech though (2x19" LG 1440x900, with about 4cm frame between both), but since one of them died I've switched to a single 23" 1920x1080 LG IPS237L-BN.
Lol there's no way I'm going to bother making a skin compatible with that many monitors :rolmfao:

I run my 1080p laptop monitor with a 1440x900 beside it. I actually have a third monitor but my laptop won't do HDMI + VGA :-(