It is currently May 29th, 2024, 4:43 pm

Let's discuss / document "multiple monitors" and Rainmeter

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Let's discuss / document "multiple monitors" and Rainmeter

Post by jsmorley »

These are some shortcut keys new to Windows 7 that may help some as well.

{WIN} + {SPACEBAR} Reveals the desktop until released. (Aero Peek).
{WIN} + {ARROW} Places active window in different positions. e.g., LEFT arrow snaps to left, RIGHT arrow snaps to right, UP arrow maximizes the window and DOWN arrow minimizes the window.
SHIFT + {WIN} + {ARROW} If you have more than one display, you can use this shortcut to move the window between different displays.
{WIN} + P This shortcut is helpful when you have a projector or multiple displays attached to your Windows 7 system. It displays different options for multiple displays.
{WIN} + {PLUS} Zoom in the screen at any time.
{WIN} + {MINUS} Zoom out of the Zoom in option - back to normal display.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

jsmorley, I was just wondering if your issue of not being able to span monitors might be due to "Snap to Edges"...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:jsmorley, I was just wondering if your issue of not being able to span monitors might be due to "Snap to Edges"...
I had "Stay on Screen" checked. That was the issue. Works now.
Dexterian

Post by Dexterian »

How do I set what monitor Rainmeter defaults to? I want to use the Enigma skin but I want it to load up with the settings of screen 2. Both monitors have different resolutions so I can't just add @2 in the WinX and WinY settings and to manually configure the skin will take a while. I'm just wondering if there's a way I can tell it to load the skin on @2 that way when the theme loads it loads to the properties of the screen...

if that makes sense?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Make a copy of the .thm put it in another folder, Enigma_Mon2 for example. Open it in your text editor, add the @2 to all appropriate dimensions. Then load RainThemes and apply Enigma_Mon2, in theory anyways...

Let us know if it works.
romarozhkov

Re: Let's discuss / document "multiple monitors" and Rainmet

Post by romarozhkov »

Hello! I have figured out, how to move backgrounds and widget buttons from pimary display to secondary. But i found, what i can move only pictures. Click-points are staying at the same place at pimary display, i cant found how to move them to! Please help me. My point is to move all functional widgets from primary display to secondary.

I'm trying to do it with that skin:
http://xanci.deviantart.com/art/NERV-UI-Rainmeter-Suite-3-0-0-259921353