It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:33 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.4.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

DangerousMinds wrote: October 10th, 2022, 4:04 pm Yes Baby, I'm finally done :D

Now I have the temp text on position Y=70 and it seems a little bit to high but when I put it to Y=69 it is a little too low. For me that is absolute fine because you can only see that in the image. On the PC screen it looks perfect.

Thank you so, so much for your help SilverAzide!!! And of course thanks a lot for this amazing Gadgets ♥ :rosegift:
Excellent! :D

You can ensure the line is positioned correctly if you look at the way the meter that displays the "RAM" prompt was done ([MeterRAMPrompt]). Look at the way the Y was set there. Copy that exact line to your new "Temp" meter and you are ensured it will line up exactly. You will need to add DynamicVariables=1 on the meter if it is not already there. Don't forget to copy the MeterStyle value if you have not already. That may be part of your problem. Change the scale factor on the skin to see if you have everything positioned correctly; if anything moves out of position, then you are missing something.

By the way, you can take screenshots easily by using Win+Shift+S, or click the skin (to ensure it is the active window) and press Alt+PrintScreen. Both will place the image on your clipboard, but the first method will give you an easier way to save the file so you can post it.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
DangerousMinds

Post by DangerousMinds »

SilverAzide wrote: October 10th, 2022, 4:49 pm Excellent! :D

You can ensure the line is positioned correctly if you look at the way the meter that displays the "RAM" prompt was done ([MeterRAMPrompt]). Look at the way the Y was set there. Copy that exact line to your new "Temp" meter and you are ensured it will line up exactly. You will need to add DynamicVariables=1 on the meter if it is not already there. Don't forget to copy the MeterStyle value if you have not already. That may be part of your problem. Change the scale factor on the skin to see if you have everything positioned correctly; if anything moves out of position, then you are missing something.

By the way, you can take screenshots easily by using Win+Shift+S, or click the skin (to ensure it is the active window) and press Alt+PrintScreen. Both will place the image on your clipboard, but the first method will give you an easier way to save the file so you can post it.
Oh nice. I didn't think about using the Y Code from the [MeterRAMPrompt] but it's so logical :rofl:
After changing it, I did what you recommend and tested it with resizing the skin and everything shows exactly where it belongs. :jawdrop
I'm excited about myself :rolmfao: :lol:

Ok the thing with the screenshot is good to know for the next time. At the moment I can only dot it this way because the Gadgets are on a second PC but with this I can't go online at the moment.

Again, thank you for everything!!! Couldn't have done this without your help! :rosegift:
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Just a cosmetic thing, the alignment of the cores could be improved. From core 10 on there is a shift.

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

anbr07 wrote: October 15th, 2022, 12:17 pm Just a cosmetic thing, the alignment of the cores could be improved. From core 10 on there is a shift.
Someone already mentioned this earlier. If it bothers you, see this post and the one that follows for the instructions on how to fix it:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20699&start=910#p209854
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 15th, 2022, 12:48 pm Someone already mentioned this earlier. If it bothers you, see this post and the one that follows for the instructions on how to fix it:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=20699&start=910#p209854
Thanks, got it! It looks better now. Great work, i enjoy it.
emp00

Post by emp00 »

I'd like to switch over from raigard's Modern Gadgets to Gadgets 7.4.0 with the Modernizer patch. Install was successfull.

Three questions/wishes:
1) I would like to increase the trend graph heights in all gadgets. This was possible with Modern Gadgets via editing the code for Global Settings "graphHeight=XX". Where can I change this for the Gadgets 7.4.0 suite?
2) The Modernizer skin padding is quite large: I would like to reduce the skin padding by at least 1 pixel, similar to Modern Gadgets, how is this possible?
3) Any chance to remove the big "CPU icon" and display the remaining info more compact similar to Modern Gadgets? The Modernizer display uses quite a few extra pixels in height - see screenshot below. I really liked the very compact design of Modern Gadgets better, maybe this is worth a shot as future improvement?

Regarding Drive Meter:
- Too much information and much too colorful for my sore eyes ;-) honestly.
- Concrete proposal: I'd like to simply deactive all lines with the current read/write rate kb/s for all drives, see screenshot (red strikethrough). This would save a lot of precious screen height and also somewhat relieve the "color flash".
- Raigard's solution was again very smart and I liked it better, honestly. Since raigard has ceased development, I'd like to change over to the Gadgets 7.4 suite. Generally, some more customization options like with raigard's suite are still missing in the Modernizer setup in my eyes. But it's certainly already close!

Thank you - it's really great work you're doing!!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

emp00 wrote: October 15th, 2022, 2:22 pm
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets!

Unfortunately, I can't do any of the items you are asking for, sorry. When raiguard built his suite, he did it with "style sheets" and variable settings in mind, which is a smart way to do it. My Gadgets are older and don't have so much configurability; they were done in a more old-school way, unfortunately. The Modernizer patch basically just switches everything to use ModernGadgets fonts and the old graphics (mostly from the 1.6.x days), it doesn't change spacing or text colors or add features. (His 1.7.x+ skins used shapes or fonts for everything, so there's very few actual graphics.) The Modernizer patch just tries to get pretty close, it won't be able to replicate the appearance exactly.

So, I'd need to rewrite the skins nearly from scratch to do what you are asking, which is much more work than I can possibly handle right now.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

emp00 wrote: October 15th, 2022, 2:22 pm
I should add that the optional Drives Meter stats is possible. I can add this in a future release.
emp00

Post by emp00 »

SilverAzide wrote: October 16th, 2022, 12:51 pm I should add that the optional Drives Meter stats is possible. I can add this in a future release.
Many thanks for looking into this. What exactly do you mean by "optional Drives Meter stats"? What's possible now and what's planned for the future?

See below the current options -> there's nothing much to configure in order "declutter" the display. There's really much too much information. Completely removing the "colored current up/download speed lines" would be my first proposal, this should already help a lot. As my current workaround I have changed the colors removing the scary red/purple from my drives. But still, this is much too colorful and too many figures which are only distracting. I know the colors are needed for the graph - but there should not be TWO fully colored lines per drive with a different color in between. This really hurts my eyes. Maybe I'm the only one, I don't know. I know tastes are different and I fully respect that. Giving the user more choices would be great :-)

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

emp00 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 3:00 pm Many thanks for looking into this. What exactly do you mean by "optional Drives Meter stats"? What's possible now and what's planned for the future?
I just meant being able to hide the read/write stats (the lines you struck out in your markup). The only possibilities that exist now are what you see in the Settings. Not sure where I'm gonna be able to put the option, tho; the CPU and Drives Meter Settings skins are already taller than a standard 1080 screen.
:(