It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:46 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Pawl

Re: Gadgets 7.4.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Pawl »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 2:46 pm There's nothing wrong with the Weather Meter. I need more information from you than simply "it doesn't work". I use it every day, so I know it works fine. A clean install gives me this:
Screenshot 2022-09-24 104300.png

After installing, you might need to restart Rainmeter, because sometimes the WepParser measures can hang up. If that does not help, look at the Rainmeter Log (it's on the About window) and see if there are any error messages showing up. Let me know what you find.
Works here fine
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:27 pm Try the following: RIght-click the skin and from the Custom skin actions menu, select "English (CA)". The skin should restart. This will use metric/Celsius, which is what you want (and already have I suspect).

Let me know if is stays stuck on connecting. It's actually not stuck, it's more like "doing nothing".
ROFL......... :bounce:

Yes, that fix works perfectly. So... Only the problem is the Automatic (Default) somehow. LOL
Pawl

Post by Pawl »

Pawl wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:32 pmWorks here fine
One question how do I change to Celsius?
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

Pawl wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:35 pm One question how do I change to Celsius?
What already SilverAzide wrote: .... select "English (CA)"
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Israeli wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:33 pm ROFL......... :bounce:

Yes, that fix works perfectly. So... Only the problem is the Automatic (Default) somehow. LOL
Yes. Something seems to have changed that I can't put my finger on right away. The "Automatic" logic is clearly broken where it wasn't before. It appears it was not working in 7.3.0 either, but that version was slightly different and the glitch didn't appear.

Thanks for the debug help. I'm going to have to release a patch I'm afraid once I figure it out, because it doesn't seem like a trivial fix.
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:39 pm Yes. Something seems to have changed that I can't put my finger on right away. The "Automatic" logic is clearly broken where it wasn't before. It appears it was not working in 7.3.0 either, but that version was slightly different and the glitch didn't appear.

Thanks for the debug help. I'm going to have to release a patch I'm afraid once I figure it out, because it doesn't seem like a trivial fix.
So problem, it simply works this way! Thanks for your great job!! :great:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

An update to the Gadgets has been released!

7.4.0 - 2022-09-23
  • Enhanced GPU Meter to allow monitoring from 0 to 6 additional sensors per GPU.
  • Revised Wireless Meter to always show the IP address, name, and status of the wireless adapter even if it is not active.
  • Enhanced all Gadgets to support the Gadgets Modernizer patch.
  • HOTFIX 2022-09-24: Corrected Weather Meter issue that prevented automatic region detection from working and could cause the gadget to fail.
* Requires Rainmeter 4.5.16 or later.

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release. Upgrading the service is optional. To upgrade, use the Network Settings to stop the service, uninstall it, and then reinstall.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Pawl wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:35 pm
Israeli wrote: September 24th, 2022, 5:46 pm
Sorry for the issues! Please download the Gadgets 7.4.0 again and reinstall to fix the error with the Weather Meter. Download link is in the first post.
Israeli

Post by Israeli »

SilverAzide wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:01 pm Sorry for the issues! Please download the Gadgets 7.4.0 again and reinstall to fix the error with the Weather Meter. Download link is in the first post.
Thanks, but actually the bug is still there. Only English (CA) fixes it perfectly.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Israeli wrote: September 25th, 2022, 8:59 am Thanks, but actually the bug is still there. Only English (CA) fixes it perfectly.
Hm. I thought I had it fixed for sure this time. I'll keep checking; thanks for the feedback!