It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:43 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
zexel0410

Re: Gadgets 7.3.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by zexel0410 »

Hey silver, sorry to bother,

This is a very simple and stupid one. May I ask where to locate the number text for the thread indicators encircled below? I have tried everything and I cant somehow locate it. I can only locate labeled Core 1 but it seems not used in the meter itself. This seems silly but I just want them to be positioned perfectly, what I mean is adding zero before 1 so it would read as 01, 02, to 09.
CPUMeter.jpg
CPUMeter2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Sure, that can be done. The trick to know is that the measure you showed is just using placeholder text; the entire skin is configured using a Lua script since there are so many possible CPU configurations. It's pretty complicated actually. But for your case, the fix should be pretty easy.

In the Gadgets\@Resources folder, open the file CPUMeter.lua with a text editor. Locate the following line (it is line 488 in v7.3.0):

Code: Select all

SKIN:Bang("!SetOption", "MeterCore" .. i, "Text", (nCoreIndex + 1) .. " [[" .. aMeasureNames[i] .. ":0]°#TempUOM#]")
Change the line to this:

SKIN:Bang("!SetOption", "MeterCore" .. i, "Text",  string.format("%02d", nCoreIndex + 1) .. " [[" .. aMeasureNames[i] .. ":0]°#TempUOM#]")
Save your change and refresh the skin. (This change only works for folks who have CPUs with more than 9 and less than 100 logical cores.)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
zexel0410

Post by zexel0410 »

SilverAzide wrote: September 10th, 2022, 3:15 pm Sure, that can be done. The trick to know is that the measure you showed is just using placeholder text; the entire skin is configured using a Lua script since there are so many possible CPU configurations. It's pretty complicated actually. But for your case, the fix should be pretty easy.

In the Gadgets\@Resources folder, open the file CPUMeter.lua with a text editor. Locate the following line (it is line 488 in v7.3.0):

SKIN:Bang("!SetOption", "MeterCore" .. i, "Text", (nCoreIndex + 1) .. " [[" .. aMeasureNames[i] .. ":0]°#TempUOM#]")
Change the line to this:

SKIN:Bang("!SetOption", "MeterCore" .. i, "Text",  string.format("%02d", nCoreIndex + 1) .. " [[" .. aMeasureNames[i] .. ":0]°#TempUOM#]")
Save your change and refresh the skin. (This change only works for folks who have CPUs with more than 9 and less than 100 logical cores.)
Hey,

Thank you for the reply, got it working as I want it. Big help. Keep it up.
APK17

Post by APK17 »

SilverAzide wrote: September 6th, 2022, 11:37 pm Yes, I believe this was a bug in Rainmeter, which was fixed a long time ago, in 4.5.7. I set this version as the minimum required for the Gadgets because of the glitch. You can also work around the problem by enabling the "Wireless LAN Service", which is disabled by default on a server.

Let me know if you are still having this issue.
Unfortunately I am still experiencing the issue and I'm running Rainmeter 4.5.14.3663 64 bit.

I don't see a service name Wireless LAN Service listed either.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

APK17 wrote: September 16th, 2022, 5:52 pm Unfortunately I am still experiencing the issue and I'm running Rainmeter 4.5.14.3663 64 bit.

I don't see a service name Wireless LAN Service listed either.
The service won't be listed unless you install it first. I found some instructions here:
http://woshub.com/enable-wireless-wi-fi-windows-server/

(P.S.: You don't need to enable the service, you just need to install it and set to either manual start or disabled.)

Alternatively, you can try editing the skin to change the way it works. I've made this change to the next release of the Gadgets, which hopefully I can release soon. Here is what you can try:
  1. Edit the Network Meter (or Network Meter Pro (or both)) skin and find the measure named [MeasureWiFiSSID].
  2. In this section of the code (from this measure down to the [MeasureWiFiList] measure), add the following two lines to every measure:

Group=MeasureWireless
    Disabled=1
  3. You do not need to add these lines to the commented out measures, which are there only if you wanted to enable them for some reason.
Make sure you do NOT configure a wireless adapter, which should not be a problem on a server. This should prevent the Network Meter using anything that would invoke the WiFiStatus measure, which is what is crashing Rainmeter.

If you try this, please let me know if it works ASAP. As I mentioned, this change will be in the next version of the Gadgets. Thanks!
APK17

Post by APK17 »

SilverAzide wrote: September 16th, 2022, 6:58 pm The service won't be listed unless you install it first. I found some instructions here:
http://woshub.com/enable-wireless-wi-fi-windows-server/

(P.S.: You don't need to enable the service, you just need to install it and set to either manual start or disabled.)

Alternatively, you can try editing the skin to change the way it works. I've made this change to the next release of the Gadgets, which hopefully I can release soon. Here is what you can try:
  1. Edit the Network Meter (or Network Meter Pro (or both)) skin and find the measure named [MeasureWiFiSSID].
  2. In this section of the code (from this measure down to the [MeasureWiFiList] measure), add the following two lines to every measure:

Group=MeasureWireless
    Disabled=1
  3. You do not need to add these lines to the commented out measures, which are there only if you wanted to enable them for some reason.
Make sure you do NOT configure a wireless adapter, which should not be a problem on a server. This should prevent the Network Meter using anything that would invoke the WiFiStatus measure, which is what is crashing Rainmeter.

If you try this, please let me know if it works ASAP. As I mentioned, this change will be in the next version of the Gadgets. Thanks!
Unless I did something wrong adding:

Group=MeasureWireless
Disabled=1

To every uncommented measure did not keep Rainmeter from crashing. Just to check - that same text should literally be copied to the end of every measure - it doesn't need to be changed some how to match the measure?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

APK17 wrote: September 16th, 2022, 8:09 pm Unless I did something wrong adding:

Group=MeasureWireless
Disabled=1

To every uncommented measure did not keep Rainmeter from crashing. Just to check - that same text should literally be copied to the end of every measure - it doesn't need to be changed some how to match the measure?
It didn't work? Huh... You're correct, the lines should just be tacked on to the end of all the WifiStatus measures.

So the next option you can try is to comment out ALL those measures. So just to be clear, any measure containing the line Measure=WifiStatus should be commented out. This will cause errors in the log, but this is OK for now.

If this works, then the problem is definitely the WifiStatus measures, and there is nothing that can be done by us to fix it (it will require the Rainmeter devs to get involved). Your only option then is to install the Wireless LAN Service (and set it to manual start or disabled). The problem is due to missing Windows DLLs that Rainmeter requires, so it does not matter if the service is running or not, it just needs to be there.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Hmmm, this issue seems to keep popping up every so often.

@APK17, could you try this version of Rainmeter?
EDIT: REMOVED

This attempts to open the WlanSvc service and checks if that service is running or not before calling any of the Wlan functions.

It should log a "debug" message if the WlanSvc is not running, so make sure to turn on "Debug mode" to see it.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/#SettingsTab

Please let me know if this prevents Rainmeter from crashing, and what (if any) debug messages you get.

Thank you!
EDIT: You can disregard my previous message. I found a way to test it, and my test version did not work.

However, I do have an idea but it will take some time to properly implement. Stay tuned.

-Brian

PS - The reason Disabled=1 doesn't work is because the measure still initializes by calling some of the Wlan functions and loading that .dll (which doesn't exist, and thus crashes Rainmeter). You would have to comment out all the WifiStatus measures manually to get Rainmeter to run.
APK17

Post by APK17 »

Brian wrote: September 19th, 2022, 6:07 pm. Stay tuned.

-Brian
Staying tuned... thank you both.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

I think I fixed it and it should be available in the latest release. You can download it on the main page: https://www.rainmeter.net/

-Brian