It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:03 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

XLR8ED wrote: March 4th, 2022, 4:01 am I did not receive that dialog, and have searched all the settings in HWiNFO but found no means to monitor the fans. I even loaded good old SpeedFan to see if it might detect them but no. It appears someone might have found a way but the link provided no longer works so not sure what monitor app they used that was Beta 3 - https://www.reddit.com/r/DellXPS/comments/pw9q20/xps_9710_fan_control/

I have attached the log for you to review.

Pretty crummy of Dell to not let us monitor the fans, I can see them wanting to not allow control but no reason not to allow monitoring of them.

Thanks
Thanks for the log, I'll take a look at it. For SpeedFan, did you see the instructions here: HOW TO Configure SpeedFan? There is a specific setting for Dell laptops that you definitely need to check (Step #1, Note 1... there is a screenshot at the bottom of the page that shows this setting). For years all my machines have been Dells and this option has always been required otherwise you can't see anything. Not sure why Dell makes this so difficult... :x

Edit: I looked at the log you posted... yeah, not a peep about fans anywhere, not even CPU fans. Annoying!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

SilverAzide wrote: March 4th, 2022, 4:09 pm Thanks for the log, I'll take a look at it. For SpeedFan, did you see the instructions here: HOW TO Configure SpeedFan? There is a specific setting for Dell laptops that you definitely need to check (Step #1, Note 1... there is a screenshot at the bottom of the page that shows this setting). For years all my machines have been Dells and this option has always been required otherwise you can't see anything. Not sure why Dell makes this so difficult... :x

Edit: I looked at the log you posted... yeah, not a peep about fans anywhere, not even CPU fans. Annoying!
Yep that's what I had hoped...but the SpeedFan special checkbox did not provide any connection to them either.

I always bought Dell or Alienware in the past but it was stuff like this that frustrated me, so I went with a Lenovo Laptop and a HP PC ENVY Phoenix, but they had their own quirks, so I came back to Dell for the XPS thinking things had changed, but not so much, Dell like to have the heavy hand.

At least this time on the PC side I built my own with a ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with a Ryzen 5900x, and luckily I got a RTX 3090 before the price skyrocketed and they become impossible to purchase, bottom line I sure do like having a PC that is not walled in anyway by a manufacturer.

Anyway the XPS is mainly the wife's and when she asked about the GPU meter "fan not working" that's what started all this, I thought wouldn't it be nice if she could just turn that option off...

If it's easy for you great if not, I can certainly get in there and comment it out.

Thanks
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

XLR8ED wrote: March 4th, 2022, 9:45 pm Yep that's what I had hoped...but the SpeedFan special checkbox did not provide any connection to them either.

I always bought Dell or Alienware in the past but it was stuff like this that frustrated me, so I went with a Lenovo Laptop and a HP PC ENVY Phoenix, but they had their own quirks, so I came back to Dell for the XPS thinking things had changed, but not so much, Dell like to have the heavy hand.

At least this time on the PC side I built my own with a ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with a Ryzen 5900x, and luckily I got a RTX 3090 before the price skyrocketed and they become impossible to purchase, bottom line I sure do like having a PC that is not walled in anyway by a manufacturer.

Anyway the XPS is mainly the wife's and when she asked about the GPU meter "fan not working" that's what started all this, I thought wouldn't it be nice if she could just turn that option off...

If it's easy for you great if not, I can certainly get in there and comment it out.

Thanks
Unfortunate... I was looking hard at the XPS 17 and the Precision. Thinking Precision now, as I've liked all the ones I've had in the past...except for the price. Ouch.

Try replacing the GpuMain.inc file with the attached. This (minus the testing code) will be in the next release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

SilverAzide wrote: March 4th, 2022, 10:07 pm Unfortunate... I was looking hard at the XPS 17 and the Precision. Thinking Precision now, as I've liked all the ones I've had in the past...except for the price. Ouch.

Try replacing the GpuMain.inc file with the attached. This (minus the testing code) will be in the next release.
Thanks for the file, works perfect.

I also looked at the Precision but in the end the XPS had all the right stuff :D and the 17" screen is stunning.

Yes the price is painful but since COVID hit we don't go out as much or on vacation as often so figured we might as well spend the money on a nice laptop.
redorbroder

Post by redorbroder »

Hello SilverAzide!

Long time no see!
I hope all is well with you in these troubled times.
Could you help me with this if you got time?
I switched my network controller and I can't get the Network Meter Gadget to display Peak info.
Service is active and running in windows services.
I'm running Win 10x64 HWiNFO64 6.42.4360.0 - latest update of Rainmeter.
I know this is from the "good old days" when HWiNFO64 was free.
I hesitate to use latest update of HWiNFO64 and then have to go through all settings... ouch...
I have tried all settings available in your HOW TO FAQ but no luck so far.
Did a reboot after any changes was made, but no cigar...
Here 2 screendumps:ImageImage

Thanks and best regards,
redorbroder
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

redorbroder wrote: March 21st, 2022, 10:20 am Hello SilverAzide!

Long time no see!
I hope all is well with you in these troubled times.
Could you help me with this if you got time?
I switched my network controller and I can't get the Network Meter Gadget to display Peak info.
Service is active and running in windows services.
I'm running Win 10x64 HWiNFO64 6.42.4360.0 - latest update of Rainmeter.
I know this is from the "good old days" when HWiNFO64 was free.
I hesitate to use latest update of HWiNFO64 and then have to go through all settings... ouch...
I have tried all settings available in your HOW TO FAQ but no luck so far.
Did a reboot after any changes was made, but no cigar...
Here 2 screendumps:

Thanks and best regards,
redorbroder
Hello again! Sorry to hear you are having issues!
  • What version of the Gadgets are you using? If you are sticking with HWiNFO 6.42, then you should be running Gadgets v5.5.1 at the latest, as Gadgets v6.0.0 and later only support HWiNFO 7.x+.
  • Are you using the "Pro" or "non-Pro" Network Meters? I ask because it appears you are using the NetMonitor service, which only applies to the "Pro" skins. The "non-Pro" skins use the native Rainmeter measures to track network activity, and NetMonitor is ignored completely.
If you want to go through the effort, I'd suggest backing up your Gadgets skins to a safe place and giving the latest Gadgets and HWiNFO a try. The reconfiguration of the HWiNFO sensors is actually a lot simpler than before; no typing in a bajillion long hex values. Some configuration is done directly in HWiNFO. In any case, there were some Network Meter changes made in v7.1.1 to correct issues when no adapters were configured (it looks like you are using the option where you are not monitoring specific adapters), plus there were changes made to Rainmeter recently that might break older versions of the Gadgets.
redorbroder

Post by redorbroder »

Yep, running 5.5.1
Enabled the Network Meter Pro and still no Peak info.
Uninstalled NetMonitor Service, no luck.
The old network adapter works but no when I change?
Edit: Peak now works
If I upgrade I have to buy a license for HWiNFO I guess?
This is no biggie, I can live without the Peak but it is pretty on my desktop...
redorbroder

Post by redorbroder »

If I buy a license for HWiNFO Pro, and update to Gadgets 7.2.0, will I be able to keep my tweaked graphic settings?
Like the one I posted earlier today?
This:

Code: Select all

[MeasureFrostedGlass]
Measure= Plugin
Plugin=FrostedGlass
Type=Blur
Border=None

[MeterBackgroundBase]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
Antialias=1
X=0
Y=0
W=(#BgWidth# * #Scale#)
H=((#BgHeight#) * #Scale#)
UpdateDivider=-1

;[MeterBackgroundFrame1]
Meter=Image
Group=ClockBg
SolidColor=0,0,0,((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# / 2 : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : 0))
Antialias=1
X=(4 - 1)
Y=(4 - 1)
W=(#BgWidth# - 8)
H=(#BgHeight# - 8)
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=#HideBackground#
TransformationMatrix=#Scale#;0;0;#Scale#;#Scale#;#Scale#

;[MeterBackgroundFrame2]
Meter=Image
Group=ClockBg
SolidColor=0,0,0,((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : 0))
Antialias=1
X=(5 - 1)
Y=(5 - 1)
W=(#BgWidth# - 10)
H=(#BgHeight# - 10)
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=#HideBackground#

;[MeterBackgroundFrame3]
Meter=Image
Group=ClockBg
SolidColor=((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 164 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 160 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 160 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? #BgAlpha# : ((#BgStyle# = 1) ? #BgAlpha# / 3 : #BgAlpha#))
Antialias=1
X=(6 - 1)
Y=(6 - 1)
W=(#BgWidth# - 12)
H=(#BgHeight# - 12)
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=#HideBackground#

;[MeterBackgroundFill]
Meter=Image
Group=ClockBg
SolidColor=((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 70 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 70 : 0),((#BgStyle# = 0) ? 70 : 0),#BgAlpha#
SolidColor2=0,0,0,#BgAlpha#
GradientAngle=90
Antialias=1
X=(7 - 1)
Y=(7 - 1)
W=(#BgWidth# - 14)
H=(#BgHeight# - 14)
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=#HideBackground#
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

redorbroder wrote: March 21st, 2022, 1:38 pm Yep, running 5.5.1
Enabled the Network Meter Pro and still no Peak info.
Uninstalled NetMonitor Service, no luck.
The old network adapter works but no when I change?
Edit: Peak now works
If I upgrade I have to buy a license for HWiNFO I guess?
This is no biggie, I can live without the Peak but it is pretty on my desktop...
You definitely do NOT have to purchase HWiNFO. The Gadgets were revised specifically so you can use the free version. The HWiNFO developer made specific enhancements to v7.02 so that Rainmeter skins could work with the free one.

Are you saying you can now see the peak value? Did something change?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

redorbroder wrote: March 21st, 2022, 4:05 pm If I buy a license for HWiNFO Pro, and update to Gadgets 7.2.0, will I be able to keep my tweaked graphic settings?
Like the one I posted earlier today?
Just remember, upgrading to HWiNFO Pro is NOT needed. The free version works fine.

If you do upgrade the Gadgets, unfortunately your changes would be lost (most if not all of your settings would be saved (I think) but the skin changes would not be). I might add a Frosted Glass style to the Gadgets at some point so they can be tweaked to match the Windows 11 styling a little better.