It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:15 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
XLR8ED

Re: Gadgets 7.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by XLR8ED »

Any chance you could add a checkbox to remove the Fan Speed and Usage from the GPU Meter?

On my new XPS fan speed is not available to HWINFO

Thanks
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

XLR8ED wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 4:00 am Any chance you could add a checkbox to remove the Fan Speed and Usage from the GPU Meter?

On my new XPS fan speed is not available to HWINFO

Thanks
Are you sure it's not available? I'm not sure what you mean by XPS, but if you are referring to a Dell XPS laptop, the GPU fan is controlled by the motherboard, not the graphics card. So you'll find the fan sensors in the motherboard section of HWiNFO.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
hunzmampf

Post by hunzmampf »

Hey there!

I have encountered two problems with CPU Meter and Drives Meter.

1) The CPU Meter does not show the Core Load and RAM load anymore, since I updated to 7.2.0.
Core Clock is shown correctly!

2) The Drives Meter always shows 100% read activity on all drives (which is not the case).

I am running Rainmeter 4.5.11.3607 (64-Bit) on Windows 10, hardware reporting by HWiNFO64 7.20-4700.
System: AMD Ryzen 5900X on a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

What I did so far:

- checked the HWiNFO config, everything seems to be in order (although Black Mesa exploded after these famous words 😝)

- did a clean Rainmeter reinstall

- updated all drivers including chipset drivers

Any ideas what I should try next?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

hunzmampf wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 3:39 pm Any ideas what I should try next?
Yep... This is a common problem. Check this out: HOW TO Fix your Performance Counters database
hunzmampf

Post by hunzmampf »

SilverAzide wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 4:30 pm Yep... This is a common problem. Check this out: HOW TO Fix your Performance Counters database
Thanks a lot, that did it! Great support, I love your Gadget collection :bow:
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

SilverAzide wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 12:45 pm Are you sure it's not available? I'm not sure what you mean by XPS, but if you are referring to a Dell XPS laptop, the GPU fan is controlled by the motherboard, not the graphics card. So you'll find the fan sensors in the motherboard section of HWiNFO.
Yep I have expanded everything in HWINFO, it appears Dell has decided not to provide any access to the fans on the XPS 9710.

I searched the web as well and others have commented on how Dell has walled off the fans

I like having the GPU meter up so I can see when the RTX 3060 is accessed instead of the Intel Graphics.

Thanks
ptmax13

Post by ptmax13 »

XLR8ED wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 8:43 pm Yep I have expanded everything in HWINFO, it appears Dell has decided not to provide any access to the fans on the XPS 9710.

I searched the web as well and others have commented on how Dell has walled off the fans

I like having the GPU meter up so I can see when the RTX 3060 is accessed instead of the Intel Graphics.

Thanks
Friendly reminder:
With a simple edit, you can comment out or remove the fan meter from the cpu meter skin .ini file.
It's not against the rules and there is documentation all over the place if you get stuck.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

XLR8ED wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 8:43 pm Yep I have expanded everything in HWINFO, it appears Dell has decided not to provide any access to the fans on the XPS 9710.

Thanks
Wow, really?!? That's annoying!

When HWiNFO runs, you might see this dialog:
Dell_EC.png
Make sure you DO enable monitoring this sensor; if you don't, you won't be able to see the fans. Also, make sure the Sensor setting "Show all fans..." is checked (this is critical).
Dell_showallfans.png
If you've already tried all this, I'll see about adding an option to disable fan monitoring. If you can (and are willing), from the HWiNFO sensors screen, click the "Logging" button (looks like a page with a green plus on it) and log a few seconds of activity. It will save your stats in a CSV file. If you can post that here, it would be helpful. I ask so I can see if there is a way to detect your situation automatically, so I would not need an explicit option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

ptmax13 wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 9:13 pm Friendly reminder:
With a simple edit, you can comment out or remove the fan meter from the cpu meter skin .ini file.
It's not against the rules and there is documentation all over the place if you get stuck.
Yep I was aware of that, however there will likely be a few more people that purchase a new XPS and find the same situation so was inquiring about a possible solution for the all those affected.
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

SilverAzide wrote: March 3rd, 2022, 10:10 pm Wow, really?!? That's annoying!

When HWiNFO runs, you might see this dialog:
Dell_EC.png

Make sure you DO enable monitoring this sensor; if you don't, you won't be able to see the fans. Also, make sure the Sensor setting "Show all fans..." is checked (this is critical).
Dell_showallfans.png

If you've already tried all this, I'll see about adding an option to disable fan monitoring. If you can (and are willing), from the HWiNFO sensors screen, click the "Logging" button (looks like a page with a green plus on it) and log a few seconds of activity. It will save your stats in a CSV file. If you can post that here, it would be helpful. I ask so I can see if there is a way to detect your situation automatically, so I would not need an explicit option.
I did not receive that dialog, and have searched all the settings in HWiNFO but found no means to monitor the fans. I even loaded good old SpeedFan to see if it might detect them but no. It appears someone might have found a way but the link provided no longer works so not sure what monitor app they used that was Beta 3 - https://www.reddit.com/r/DellXPS/comments/pw9q20/xps_9710_fan_control/

I have attached the log for you to review.

Pretty crummy of Dell to not let us monitor the fans, I can see them wanting to not allow control but no reason not to allow monitoring of them.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.