It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:22 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
MourningStar

Re: Gadgets 7.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by MourningStar »

^
Yeah, I reasoned as much.

However, the simple answer to the actual 'question' would be 'no', correct?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 9:37 pm ^
Yeah, I reasoned as much.

However, the simple answer to the actual 'question' would be 'no', correct?
D'oh! :oops: You are correct. The skin could be altered, of course, but then it wouldn't match the actual forecast from TWC.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 9:47 pmThe skin could be altered, of course, but then it wouldn't match the actual forecast from TWC.
Given this, I also 'reason' that it would be much too complex to design code to 'auto-update'/dynamically refresh' (or whatever the appropriate term) the main skin to always 'match' the 'current' extended forecast's image.

-thx for your time & reply - :great:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 10:39 pm Given this, I also 'reason' that it would be much too complex to design code to 'auto-update'/dynamically refresh' (or whatever the appropriate term) the main skin to always 'match' the 'current' extended forecast's image.

-thx for your time & reply - :great:
Well, it's not actually hard since you have all the data, but since the two skins are showing two different things, you'd really being showing the wrong data in either case. The only option I can think of is to show to current conditions as the top "section" of the forecast flyout. This would just duplicate some stats on the other skin, so it seems somewhat pointless, as the two skins are intended to show two different things.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 12:23 am Well, it's not actually hard since you have all the data, but since the two skins are showing two different things, you'd really being showing the wrong data in either case. The only option I can think of is to show to current conditions as the top "section" of the forecast flyout. This would just duplicate some stats on the other skin, so it seems somewhat pointless, as the two skins are intended to show two different things.
good point - however, ... possible to remove 'today' from the 'extended' (flyout is it called?) since all the latest data is on the main anyways. And now we would have a job opening for additional day on the flyout? -
:ThinkingBig
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 1:37 am good point - however, ... possible to remove 'today' from the 'extended' (flyout is it called?) since all the latest data is on the main anyways. And now we would have a job opening for additional day on the flyout? -
:ThinkingBig
Oh, I see... No, I think maybe you missed my point. The "today" section in the extended "flyout" skin is the forecast, it is what is going to happen. The main skin is the current conditions, it is what is happening now. That's why the two are different... for me right now, the forecast for later today is rain, but happening right now it is clear skies. So two different icons, two totally different stats.

In fact, at some point "today" ends and "tonight" begins. When that happens, the "today" section will no longer appear on the flyout (it is also blank in the TWC data) and the top entry will be "tonight" instead.
greywun

Post by greywun »

SilverAzide wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 9:08 pm It sounds from your description like a classic case of a corrupted Performance Counter (perfmon) database. The Illustro skin does not use perfmon for its stats, so it is not affected. Try the steps described here:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database
Worked perfectly! Back in business. TYVM! Really enjoy all your gadgets.
Arbitria

Post by Arbitria »

I have been successfully using following your detailed installation instructions on page 65 of this thread, just the day before yesterday the top process meter helped me a lot in optimizing the system after updates.

With this, I would like to hint to you that it is necessary to continue expanding useful information on the monitor display, you need to expand the line of gadgets, make new ones in the same size and, most importantly, in colors.

Let's say I would be interested in a gadget about the cost of Bitcoin and other digital currencies, as well as other innovations and the demands of the time.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Arbitria wrote: February 15th, 2022, 5:04 pm I have been successfully using following your detailed installation instructions on page 65 of this thread, just the day before yesterday the top process meter helped me a lot in optimizing the system after updates.

With this, I would like to hint to you that it is necessary to continue expanding useful information on the monitor display, you need to expand the line of gadgets, make new ones in the same size and, most importantly, in colors.

Let's say I would be interested in a gadget about the cost of Bitcoin and other digital currencies, as well as other innovations and the demands of the time.
Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets! If you would like more gadgets that handle cryptocurrencies, currencies, and stocks, you might want to give Gadget Additions a try. There are a ton of nice skins in this suite. You can find them here (Gadget Additions on github) or on DeviantArt.
Arbitria

Post by Arbitria »

Yes, this is also an option

Great software Rainmeter