It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:27 pm

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
CrimsonBadger

Re: Gadgets 7.2.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by CrimsonBadger »

Hello SilverAzide,

First off, I love the Gadgets! So thank you for everything that went into their creation and support!

Today I noticed there was an update to Rainmeter (v4.5.9). I ran the update and once everything reloaded, the CPU Meter now only shows CPU instead of the myriad of cores that it used to show.

Also, if I select the option "Show Usage Per Logical Core" then the "CPU" label next to the meter bar is replaced with "-nan(ind)" and the usage percentage looks like there are multiple characters being rendered on top of one another.

I don't know if I somehow have something set incorrectly or if this is some issue caused by the Rainmeter update. I did try to go through the ini to make sure that the values all did still correspond to the appropriate values in the HWiNFOIndexList.txt and double-checked that the HWiNFO Gadget page of Sensor Settings still looked to be set up properly.

Thank you for any information you might have with regards to this!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CrimsonBadger wrote: February 1st, 2022, 5:38 am Hello SilverAzide,

First off, I love the Gadgets! So thank you for everything that went into their creation and support!

Today I noticed there was an update to Rainmeter (v4.5.9). I ran the update and once everything reloaded, the CPU Meter now only shows CPU instead of the myriad of cores that it used to show.

Also, if I select the option "Show Usage Per Logical Core" then the "CPU" label next to the meter bar is replaced with "-nan(ind)" and the usage percentage looks like there are multiple characters being rendered on top of one another.

I don't know if I somehow have something set incorrectly or if this is some issue caused by the Rainmeter update. I did try to go through the ini to make sure that the values all did still correspond to the appropriate values in the HWiNFOIndexList.txt and double-checked that the HWiNFO Gadget page of Sensor Settings still looked to be set up properly.

Thank you for any information you might have with regards to this!
Oh no, sorry to hear this! I'm also running v4.5.9 and so far it seems to work fine for me. Perhaps something got mangled somehow... It sounds like that "-nan(ind)" is the usual indicator of "not a number" (or negative infinity), which is typically a divide by zero. I don't think Rainmeter ever outputs an error like this, so it must be coming from another place.

First, check the log to see if there are any messages there. To do that, right-click the Rainmeter icon in the Windows notification tray and select the About option. On the Log tab, see if any errors show up.

Next, that value you are referring to (the gibberish stuff) I think comes from your Performance Counters database. Perhaps for some unknown reason, this has become corrupted. Try the instructions here: HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database. The symptoms you reported don't match the usual ones, so this might not work. I can't hurt though, so it's worth a shot.

Let me know what you find! If things are still acting up, we can dig into it a little deeper. You can post a screenshot here too, if it helps.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
CrimsonBadger

Post by CrimsonBadger »

Thank you SilverAzide,

I did the rebuild and that did not seem to change anything. In the Rainmeter logs there are a few errors coming up from All_CPU_Meter of "Plugin: Unable to load "ActiveNet" (Error 126)" followed by an error of "Calc: Division by 0" so this is likely the culprit. There are also a number of errors regarding the Weather plugin that I'm using (Windows10WeatherEnterpriseJSONnewTWC) reporting "Invalid TimeStampFormat..."

If there's any information from anything on my system that might help you, I'm happy to forward logs or settings ini's. If not, I think I'm going to wipe Rainmeter and try to do a fresh install of all the parts; hoping that a clean slate will solve the issue.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CrimsonBadger wrote: February 1st, 2022, 1:42 pm Thank you SilverAzide,

I did the rebuild and that did not seem to change anything. In the Rainmeter logs there are a few errors coming up from All_CPU_Meter of "Plugin: Unable to load "ActiveNet" (Error 126)" followed by an error of "Calc: Division by 0" so this is likely the culprit. There are also a number of errors regarding the Weather plugin that I'm using (Windows10WeatherEnterpriseJSONnewTWC) reporting "Invalid TimeStampFormat..."

If there's any information from anything on my system that might help you, I'm happy to forward logs or settings ini's. If not, I think I'm going to wipe Rainmeter and try to do a fresh install of all the parts; hoping that a clean slate will solve the issue.
AHA! OK, that "unable to load ActiveNet" is definitely the culprit. This usually means that your system is missing some component dependency. Typically with Rainmeter plugins, this is the Microsoft Visual C++ Library. You can get that here: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Latest Supported Downloads. You want the latest version (2015 and later, and I assume the x64 flavor). Also, make sure you have the .NET Framework 4.8 installed; that is another dependency.

For the weather skin, I'm not entirely familiar with that one, but I do know that recently the weather.com API changed. The error you see is due to the website rejecting the data request, so the skin throws an error when trying to convert (nothing) to a date. Here is one of many threads on this topic. If these steps have already been taken, then the problem lies elsewhere.
CrimsonBadger

Post by CrimsonBadger »

I re-installed the MS Visual C++ stuff and rebooted the system. The issue still persists :? Still coming up with the same ActiveNet error, so I'm thinking something may have gotten messed up between Rainmeter and everything else.

I uninstalled RainMeter, rebooted, and reinstalled everything (had some issues with getting the RainMeter skin installer to want to work with me). After configuring the various settings, everything is working as expected now. It's curious that everything was working before trying to load up the 4.5.9 update. But a clean install does seem to have resolved whatever the problem was.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me try to troubleshoot the issue!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CrimsonBadger wrote: February 1st, 2022, 5:49 pm I re-installed the MS Visual C++ stuff and rebooted the system. The issue still persists :? Still coming up with the same ActiveNet error, so I'm thinking something may have gotten messed up between Rainmeter and everything else.

I uninstalled RainMeter, rebooted, and reinstalled everything (had some issues with getting the RainMeter skin installer to want to work with me). After configuring the various settings, everything is working as expected now. It's curious that everything was working before trying to load up the 4.5.9 update. But a clean install does seem to have resolved whatever the problem was.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me try to troubleshoot the issue!
Good news! Glad you got it working again! :thumbup:
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Hi -

An observation/question (not a big deal really, just curious). Is it possible to have the current day graphic in the 'expanded' view (wind) to be the same as the current day graphic in the 'non-expanded' view (sun)? Refer to attached screenshot.

-thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greywun

Post by greywun »

I am not seeing any CPU usage from either the "all cpu" or "top process" skins. "Top process" actually stopped working some time ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled both rainmeter AND the gadgets skin. I see -no- errors listed in the rainmeter log. Help!

(Oh, FWIW, the included 'illustro' system skin DOES show the CPU usage)

EDIT: And... while nothing initially shows in the RM logs, if I turn on 'debug' logging, I immediately see many, many debug messages saying

"Could not find a category called Process (Gadgets\Top Process Meter\CPU\Top CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureTopMemory1])"
"Could not find a category called Processor Information (Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPUPercentPerformance])"
etc
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

greywun wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 8:11 pm I am not seeing any CPU usage from either the "all cpu" or "top process" skins. "Top process" actually stopped working some time ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled both rainmeter AND the gadgets skin. I see -no- errors listed in the rainmeter log. Help!

(Oh, FWIW, the included 'illustro' system skin DOES show the CPU usage)

EDIT: And... while nothing initially shows in the RM logs, if I turn on 'debug' logging, I immediately see many, many debug messages saying

"Could not find a category called Process (Gadgets\Top Process Meter\CPU\Top CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureTopMemory1])"
"Could not find a category called Processor Information (Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Node #0\All CPU Meter.ini - [MeasureCPUPercentPerformance])"
etc
It sounds from your description like a classic case of a corrupted Performance Counter (perfmon) database. The Illustro skin does not use perfmon for its stats, so it is not affected. Try the steps described here:

HOW TO: Fix your Performance Counters database
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 5:08 pm Hi -

An observation/question (not a big deal really, just curious). Is it possible to have the current day graphic in the 'expanded' view (wind) to be the same as the current day graphic in the 'non-expanded' view (sun)? Refer to attached screenshot.

-thx
Actually, what you are seeing is coming straight from the Weather Channel. The reason for the discrepancy is that you are actually looking at two different things.

On the Weather Meter skin itself, the icon and all the stats are what TWC refers to as the "current conditions". In the flyout skin, what you are seeing is what TWC calls the "daily forecast" (day and night forecasts, for 5 days). So, in your screenshot, TWC is saying it is currently sunny, and the forecast for the remainder of the day is sunny/windy. The current conditions are updated every 10-15 minutes or so, while the forecasts are updated only a few times a day.

Does that help answer your question?