It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:12 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

Excellent job, much appreciated! Big thanks also for spotting the bug in the Weather Meter as well.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Milamber33,
You have a PM. :)
jsmi033

Post by jsmi033 »

Exactly what I was looking for. Now to integrate this into my current suite. I know what I'm doing this weekend! :D
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

SilverAzide wrote:Hello! Make sure you are using Gadgets 2.1.0. The "All CPU Meter (for HWiNFO)" skin will display the clock speed from HWiNFO by default. You can edit the skin file to adjust this behavior (in your case, you want the default setting):

Code: Select all

; clock speed
;   0 = use RainMeter (speed will be constant, reflecting base CPU clock)
;   1 = use HWiNFO    (speed will fluctuate with CPUs that support dynamic frequency scaling and
;                      overclocking; speed shown will be the maximum of all physical cores)
UseHWiNFOClockSpeed=1
Tried this and it's still giving me the wrong clock speeds. HWinfo says 4.2GHz, All CPU Meter shows 3.3GHz.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Not sure why this would be, it's working perfectly for me. Make sure the "Show Core Temperatures" option is checked, as unchecking it effectively disables HWiNFO use. Also make sure you are using the HWiNFO variant skin (it is easy to get them switched). Lastly, did you configure HWiNFO.inc to report your CPU speeds? In the Rainmeter About > Skins window you should see the [MeasureHWiNFOClockCore0...7] measures reporting the speeds for up to 8 physical cores.

If that is working, try commenting out the IfCondition and actions in the [MeasureCPUSpeedHWiNFO] measure, and change the [MeterCPUClock] measure to set MeasureName=MeasureCPUSpeedHWiNFO. This will hardwire the meter to display the HWiNFO-reported CPU speed (the max value of all your cores). If that works, that would indicate a bug in the conditional logic someplace, but I think the issue is just some config setting.
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

SilverAzide wrote:Not sure why this would be, it's working perfectly for me. Make sure the "Show Core Temperatures" option is checked, as unchecking it effectively disables HWiNFO use. Also make sure you are using the HWiNFO variant skin (it is easy to get them switched). Lastly, did you configure HWiNFO.inc to report your CPU speeds? In the Rainmeter About > Skins window you should see the [MeasureHWiNFOClockCore0...7] measures reporting the speeds for up to 8 physical cores.

If that is working, try commenting out the IfCondition and actions in the [MeasureCPUSpeedHWiNFO] measure, and change the [MeterCPUClock] measure to set MeasureName=MeasureCPUSpeedHWiNFO. This will hardwire the meter to display the HWiNFO-reported CPU speed (the max value of all your cores). If that works, that would indicate a bug in the conditional logic someplace, but I think the issue is just some config setting.
I think I'm getting somewhere with the About > Skins settings. I see the "MeasureHWiNFOClockCoreX" where X goes from 0 to 8. But the value for each of the cores is 0. Range is 0 to 1. Should I set these to 1 (i.e. boolean "true")?

Everything else is set as you recommend except for the above.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

It definitely sounds like HWiNFO.inc is not configured to see your CPU clock values. The measures should be showing the clock speeds for each of your physical cores. If you are seeing value of 0 with a range of 0 to 1, that means the measures are not doing or seeing anything.

I'm not sure what you mean by setting a value to 1/true, the only file you need to touch is HWiNFO.inc. The CPU Meter and GPU Meter Settings skins do everything else.
prisoner881

Post by prisoner881 »

OK, got some different results for a change. CPU Meter won't show actual clock speeds UNLESS HWiNFO is actually running. I assumed it was getting it through a background process or something. But as soon as I started up HWiNFO, CPU Meter started reporting accurate CPU clocks. No other changes.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

prisoner881 wrote:OK, got some different results for a change. CPU Meter won't show actual clock speeds UNLESS HWiNFO is actually running. I assumed it was getting it through a background process or something. But as soon as I started up HWiNFO, CPU Meter started reporting accurate CPU clocks. No other changes.
Right, HWiNFO must be running.
cartman-2000

Post by cartman-2000 »

There's a couple things, would it be possible to add the GPU memory controller usage percentage that is on the original GPU meter gadget? And would it be possible for the the page file size in the cpu meter update when the page file grows in size, as it is now, you can get a negative value for the free space in the page file if the used space in it goes above the last seen size of the page file, you would have to refresh the skin when this happens at the moment to fix that.