It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:43 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: Gadgets 1.7.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadge

Post by raiguard »

Great job with the new updates! Thanks for making a GPU meter at last. ;)

I have another inquiry about your code: For the settings button (and some other things) you have an "invisible" picture that acts as a mouse clickable canvas. These meters pull the x, y, w, and h from it's corresponding partner meter. This would all be well and good, except that the w and h for me always amount to 0. Even if I copy and paste your code it does this.

Here is my code that doesn't work:

Code: Select all

[SettingsButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images/Settings.png
Group=SettingsButton
X=(#bgWidth# - 25)
Y=14
W=10
H=10
ImageAlpha=#opacityNormal#
AntiAlias=1
ToolTipTitle="Settings"
Hidden=1

[SettingsButtonMouseRegion]
Meter=Image
Solidcolor=0,0,0,0
; These two work just fine
X=([SettingsButton:X]*#scale#)
Y=([SettingsButton:Y]*#scale#)
; But these two are always 0
W=([SettingsButton:W]*#scale#)
H=([SettingsButton:H]*#scale#)
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "illustro Gadgets\All CPU Meter\Config" "Settings.ini"]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption SettingsButton ImageName "#@#Images/Settings.png"][!UpdateMeter SettingsButton][!Redraw]
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Add

Code: Select all

DynamicVariables=1
to your [SettingsButtonMouseRegion] meter.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Iamanai wrote:I have another inquiry about your code: For the settings button (and some other things) you have an "invisible" picture that acts as a mouse clickable canvas. These meters pull the x, y, w, and h from it's corresponding partner meter. This would all be well and good, except that the w and h for me always amount to 0. Even if I copy and paste your code it does this.
Hello Iamanai... The reason your code is doing this is because you've hidden the Settings button image. The mouse region is thus 0,0... DynamicVariables is one way to fix it as fonpaolo suggests, but in my code I just use !SetOption to change the ImageAlpha from 0 to 255 and back (i.e., the image is never hidden, it is just completely transparent or opaque).
Last edited by SilverAzide on August 17th, 2015, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

TGonZo wrote:Not sure if this will be helpful, but it looks like the Weather.com url will accept a Locale variable. I see it changing some of the data fields in the output. Check it out.
D'oh!! :?
Just when I added regex's all over to convert the dates and times to locale-specific values! Teach me to not read the forum more often...! I'll check out using the locale in the URL, this is easy to pull from the registry. Thanks for the tip!

<tries it out>
Hey TGonZo! I just tried it and it works great! The "last update" timestamp seems to be US all the time, but the UOMs, weather conditions, and sunrise/sunset times get translated nicely. Weirdly, the moon phases don't get translated, but I already got that bit sorted. It seems to work with every locale I've fed it. ...I feel a patch release comin' on!

<tries it some more>
My enthusiasm for weather.com's locale has taken a hit. :( Looks like some items are getting translated by weather.com, but not others. For example, current wind direction is always English, but the forecast wind direction is translated into the proper locale. Time formats don't seem to match documented conventions either, like I see "7:00 PM" = "7:00 DU" instead of "19:00". Looks like doing some translations is inevitable, and due to the inconsistencies it seems most flexible if the weather feed is always baseline English text/times, with the skin doing the translations to match the user's prefs.

...Oh well, I already did it the hard way with regex's, I guess I'll leave it at that for now.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 1.8.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadge

Post by SilverAzide »

For v1.8.0:
  • Revised Weather Meter to automatically select metric/standard system of measure per Windows Regional Settings.
    Revised Weather Meter to automatically display dates and times per Windows Regional Settings.
    Enhanced GPU meter to calculate percent fan utilization on systems where this data is not available to HWiNFO.
    Corrected tooltip placement on Wireless Meter gadget when scaled greater than 100%.
    Corrected "file not found" bugs that occurred when the path to the Resources folder contained a space.
    Corrected ActiveNet plugin bug introduced in v1.7.0 which broke the Network and Wireless gadgets. Sorry about that!
NOTE: If you are using the GPU Meter gadget, you can re-use your existing HWiNFO.inc file with this version so you won't lose your settings. (The only difference with the 1.8.0 version is that I added more comments.)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 1.9.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadge

Post by SilverAzide »

For v1.9.0:
Added Chronometer gadget (analog clock). Includes clocks ported from Windows Vista/Windows 7.
Enhanced Calendar Settings skin to support LuaCalendar options.
Enhanced ActiveNet plugin to enable obtaining physical CPU information (threads per core, etc.).
Corrected All CPU Meter core temperature display for single-threaded physical CPU cores.
Corrected All CPU Meter for CPUs with an odd number of logical cores (e.g., virtual machines).

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadge

Post by SilverAzide »

For v2.0.0:
  • Enhanced Network and Wireless Meters for improved detection of active network adapters.
  • Revised ActiveNet plug-in for Rainmeter 3.3 compatibility.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meters to optionally display CPU fan speed (requires SpeedFan or HWiNFO).
  • Enhanced "All CPU Meter (for HWiNFO)" to display CPU clock speed based on HWiNFO sensors (can be disabled, useful when overclocking).
  • Enhanced "All CPU Meter (for HWiNFO)" and GPU Meter to improve detection of the HWiNFO process.
  • Enhanced Drives Meter so clicking drive label opens Explorer for that drive (or runs any user-defined command).
  • Corrected skin positioning issue when skins are scaled to sizes less than 100%.
  • Added workaround for rare issue where HWiNFO reports all fans running at 10000 rpm during application startup.
  • Updated RainRGB add-on to latest version.
  • Corrected Drives Meter display of long drive labels.
  • Corrected tooltip positioning issues in Calendar gadgets.
  • Minor code improvements.
This version requires the latest Rainmeter 3.3 beta. A Rainmeter 3.2-compatible version is still available.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadge

Post by SilverAzide »

Note: The new CPU Fan speed display option is turned off by default, but can be turned on using the Settings skin. This option requires SpeedFan or HWiNFO, depending on which All CPU Meter variant skin you are using.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 2.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

For v2.1.0:
  • Added Battery Meter gadget.
  • Enhanced ActiveNet plugin to enable obtaining active battery information (voltage, etc.)
  • Corrected Weather Meter weather icon display for "N/A" conditions.
  • Revised GPU Meter to handle case where the GPU fan speed is reported by the GPU sensor instead of the motherboard sensor.
  • Corrected error in "All CPU Meter (for HWiNFO)" which displayed incorrect fan usage percentage.
NOTE:
The new Battery Meter gadget comes in two flavors, one which uses data from the main Gadgets' ActiveNet plugin (i.e., Windows) and another which uses data from HWiNFO. There is no difference in functionality between the two gadgets, so you can choose either one. The normal "Battery Meter" gadget is simpler to use since it requires no configuration, but if you already have HWiNFO running for use with other Gadgets or skins, then I would suggest using the "Battery Meter (for HWiNFO)" gadget.

Final Note:
Apologies to everyone for more changes to the HWiNFO.inc file. There's a new section for battery configuration, plus a change to the Motherboard and GPU sections to better handle reporting of fan usage. I have not found a way to preserve your custom settings between versions at this time, so you may have to edit this file again.
Milamber33

Re: Gadgets 2.1.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Milamber33 »

Just found this a few days ago! After upgrading to Windows 10 I was initially going to look into a hack to bring Gadgets functionality back to Windows 10, but when googling around I found out about Rainmeter, and after a bit of reading thought I'd better take the plunge. :)

I spent a few days digging up different skins that gave me the information I want... then trying to hack most of them to match a consistent style. :p

Then I stumbled on this! An almost exact Rainmeter clone of the exact gadgets I'd mainly been using on Windows 7! :thumbup:

... And then I spent the last several days hacking around with these to make them fit my setup better. :p

On that note, I have 2 feature requests, if you don't mind. :D

Firstly, an absurdly simple request, can we get a matching digital clock gadget? I know it's absurdly simple because with practically zero Rainmeter experience I've thrown something together, but my hack isn't fit for public consumption. ;-)

My second request is rather more difficult, and I can just imagine the look of horror on your face as you read it. :p
Would it be possible to have separate X and Y scale values? :D I've achieved this for the moment by hacking all the skins to completely remove X scaling, but I don't want to have to go through all that again any time I update. :p

I'm willing to send you what I've done and help you make changes, but like I said, what I have now isn't fit for public consumption.