It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:30 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.4.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: October 18th, 2022, 10:27 am A: I want mine to look like this |and| 2: What is this 'Modernizer' you speak of?
Hello y0himba!

The Gadgets Modernizer is a patch to the Gadgets you can apply to make the skins look more like raiguard's ModernGadgets (it is not a perfect match, just his fonts and graphics). If you have Gadgets 7.4.0 installed, you can go HERE to get and install the Modernizer. It will "insert" a new gadget into your suite, which you can use to change your Gadgets' appearance (it will not overwrite or change anything until you ask it to), and you can undo if you don't like it.

As far as the screenshot @emp00 posted, you can get close just using the Modernizer, but to change the Drives Meter to look exactly like his, you'll need to follow the instructions I posted above. To change the CPU Meter, that also you can do, except that he added a "top process" section at the bottom of the skin. I thought it looked great, so I might steal his idea ( ;-) ) and include this as an standard option in the next release of the Gadgets.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: October 18th, 2022, 10:29 am Where can I edit to change the title of the gadgets? I'd like to remove the word meter, for instance, CPU Meter would just be "CPU".
I'd also like to remove or change the icon beside the CPU Meter as well. Same for the other gadgets.
To edit the title, most of the time the every skin has this in a common place. Edit the skin and search for the meter [MeterTitleText]. (If you a familiar with Notepad++, you can use the "Find in Files" search to scan entire Gadgets folder for every occurrence of this string.) You'll find the setting Text="Drives Meter", so you would change this as needed. There are some caveats, the Drives Meter title is in a separate file DrivesText.inc, as are the CPU Meter (CpuMain.inc) and GPU Meter (GpuMain.inc).

Also the CPU Meter is special and does not act like any others. To change the CPU Meter, search for the measure [CalcCPULogicalCoresPerSkin] and change the IfTrueAction2 line, which looks like this:

Code: Select all

IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterTitleText Text "CPU Meter"][!SetVariable TextNumaInfo "None"]
To change the graphics, I'd suggest applying the Modernizer patch first since I know you prefer that appearance. This will change most all the icons to ones from raiguard's suite, except for the CPU and GPU Meters, which are handled a bit differently. There are several easy tweaks you can make to change the CPU Meter icons to use (or not use) the old-style or new-style icons, so let me know if you need more info (some are mentioned in above posts if you scroll back a few pages).
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

SilverAzide wrote: October 18th, 2022, 12:14 pm
Worked swimmingly of course! Thank you!
emp00

Post by emp00 »

y0himba wrote: October 18th, 2022, 10:27 am A: I want mine to look like this |and| 2: What is this 'Modernizer' you speak of?
Glad to hear that other's like this less "plenty-colorful" design :-) :-)

FYI: Modernizer is the "official" patch issued by SilverAzide to change the design closer to the "good old" but discontinued Modern Gadgets suite by raiguard. Modernizer is found here together with instructions how to apply: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=210166

In order to change the text colors as per my screenshot above you just need to follow the instructions 2 or 3 postings above this one. SilverAzide just explained in great detail how to do this.

Regarding removing "Meter" from the gadget titles, this would be another "hack" into SilverAzide's code. As an example here's how to achieve this for Drives Meter:
- Go to the folger ...\Skins\Gadgets\Drives Meter
- Open the file DrivesText.inc in that folder e.g. with Notepad++
- Find the line reading

Code: Select all

Text="Drives Meter"
, in my case it's 55 and change the String to your likings! done.

(Most probably) same procedure for the other Gadgets such as CPU Meter etc.; Have not done/tested this yet but actually I like the idea, this again saves space and removes unnecessary information. I also like slim gadgets and as discussed above my biggest concern for the current Gadgets suite was the "color-flash" - much too many colors (for my sore eyes) ;-) ...

Removing the big icons can be done similarly but this is a bigger hack since you'd want to shift the text lines etcpp. It's possible but will take time and would be too much (for me) to explain here. Remeber, that all "hacks" most probably will be overwritten once you update to a future Gadgets suite. See also above remark by SilverAzide how to restore your modifications.

EDIT-- Sorry I just noticed this kindof a double-posting, I had not reloaded by browser and thus was not aware, that SilverAzide had already answered... Sorry guys, will not happen again.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I got it all sorted, thanks!. Can Modernizer be used on Gadgets Additions?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

y0himba wrote: October 18th, 2022, 7:03 pm I got it all sorted, thanks!. Can Modernizer be used on Gadgets Additions?
No, but the Gadgets Additions suite already has a built-in "Modern" theme option for the appearance. I have not tried it, but @dudebaker posted recently that he might be revisiting his suite to update it so that it more closely matches the latest Gadgets and ModernGadgets appearance.
Yvese

Post by Yvese »

Hi. I was wondering if there's a way to remove the sensors on GPU meter graph that's on by default ( core clock, usage, fan, etc ). Would just like the additional sensors I have added in the graph instead.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yvese wrote: October 28th, 2022, 7:43 pm Hi. I was wondering if there's a way to remove the sensors on GPU meter graph that's on by default ( core clock, usage, fan, etc ). Would just like the additional sensors I have added in the graph instead.
Sounds to me like one of these issues:
- wrong API Key
- corrupt Internet Explorer cookies
- disabled TLS 1.2 option

Read on them here https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41101
Yvese

Post by Yvese »

Active Colors wrote: October 28th, 2022, 8:53 pm Sounds to me like one of these issues:
- wrong API Key
- corrupt Internet Explorer cookies
- disabled TLS 1.2 option

Read on them here https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=41101
I don't think that helps with my question unfortunately unless I'm reading it wrong. I just want to hide the default sensors in the GPU Meter graph so I can add the sensors I choose instead ( thanks to the latest version adding this ). I don't see an option to hide the default sensors, just the additional ones unless I'm blind ( likely )
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yvese wrote: October 28th, 2022, 9:51 pm I don't think that helps with my question unfortunately unless I'm reading it wrong. I just want to hide the default sensors in the GPU Meter graph so I can add the sensors I choose instead ( thanks to the latest version adding this ). I don't see an option to hide the default sensors, just the additional ones unless I'm blind ( likely )
Hello! No, there's no way to do this. The GPU Meter is not intended for this purpose. It sounds like what you really want is something like the Gadgets Additions HWiNFO Monitor skin, which shows something like 20 or so sensors that you select. (I'm not sure if this suite uses the old HWiNFO plugin that requires shared memory or not.)