It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:35 am

Rainmeter syntax highlighter for Sublime Text

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Crest

Rainmeter syntax highlighter for Sublime Text

Post by Crest »

Wasn't sure which sub-section this should be in. There's a very nice Rainmeter syntax highlighter on Github for Sublime Text 2, with also adds several advanced features that allow for easy skin creation and maintenance (such as new skin templates and skin refreshing from the editor).

Thought I'd post it here as a heads up, and also in case there was interest in porting it to Sublime Text 3, the latest beta version that is widely used and has been around for the past two years.

Some examples of the syntax formatting using the included color schemes (compatible with existing schemes as well).

Contacted the original author and they have no current plans for a port, which is unfortunate as it would be extremely useful for both newcomers and existing skin creators who use the code editor.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter syntax highlighter for Sublime Text

Post by jsmorley »

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13092

http://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/notepad-alternatives

I'm a Notepad++ guy, so I'm not sure, but I think this might work with Sublime 3 as well.
Crest

Post by Crest »

jsmorley wrote:I'm a Notepad++ guy, so I'm not sure, but I think this works with Sublime 3 as well.
Installed it via the 'Add repository' method of Package Manager but all the options are greyed out and all the settings are blank.

Installing instead via the manual method in the readme is better, and adds the syntax highlighting but the Rainmeter menu is still greyed out. It doesn't seem to recognize my portable install path, even though it's specified in the user settings. Bit of a shame it's not working fully.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Not sure. I don't think Merlin has been around for quite some time, so I'm not sure where this project stands as far as Sublime 3, or even any recent changes to options in Rainmeter.

It's certainly not a "bug" or "feature suggestion" for Rainmeter though, so I moved the thread to the correct forum area.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

i'm using Sublime Text 3 and i confirm this is working, all features :great:
Crest

Post by Crest »

drakulaboy wrote:i'm using Sublime Text 3 and i confirm this is working, all features ::great::
Good to know. I'm guessing your install path is the default, as my portable path wasn't recognized in the settings (which is tied to the menu options).
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

yes, i use installed version, it's so easy to work with it