It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:12 am

SearchEverything

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
jsmorley
Developer

SearchEverything

Post by jsmorley »

Search your hard drive for files using the Everything search utility.

Requires that Everything be installed from http://www.voidtools.com/.

Set the path to Everything.exe in [Variables]

Other Everything options can be set via the right-click "Custom skin actions" menu in the skin.
SearchEverything_1.0.rmskin
1.png
3.png
2.png

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
ContextTitle=Change Current Options
ContextAction=[]
ContextTitle2=#OptionString#
ContextAction2=[]
ContextTitle3=---
ContextAction3=[]
ContextTitle4=Default - No Options
ContextAction4=[!WriteKeyValue Variables OptionString "-noregex -noww -nocase"][!Refresh]
ContextTitle5=Whole Word / No Case
ContextAction5=[!WriteKeyValue Variables OptionString "-noregex -ww -nocase"][!Refresh]
ContextTitle6=Whole Word / Case
ContextAction6=[!WriteKeyValue Variables OptionString "-noregex -ww -case"][!Refresh]
ContextTitle7=RegEx / No Case
ContextAction7=[!WriteKeyValue Variables OptionString "-regex -noww -nocase"][!Refresh]
ContextTitle8=RegEx / Case
ContextAction8=[!WriteKeyValue Variables OptionString "-regex -noww -case"][!Refresh]

[Metadata]
Name=SearchEverything
Author=JSMorley
Information=Find files using the Everything search tool.||Requires that Everything be installed on your system from http://www.voidtools.com/||Set PathToEverything in [Variables]||Other options can be changed with the skin context menu.|See further instructions in the .ini file.
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=Jan 18, 2015

[Variables]
PathToEverything=C:\Program Files\Everything\Everything.exe

; ===========================================
OptionString=-noregex -noww -nocase

; OptionString - Change with right-click context menu
;
; WW		: Search term must be a whole word, not embedded in a word.
; NoWW	: Search term can be embedded in a word.
; Case	: String case will be enforced.
; NoCase	: String case will not be enforced.
; RegEx	: Allows regular expressions to be used.
; NoRegEx	: Does not use regular expressions.
;
; Note that RegEx and WW are mutually exclusive.
; ===========================================

[MeterSearchBorder]
Meter=Image
W=202
H=25
SolidColor=130,130,130,255

[MeterSearchBox]
Meter=Image
X=1
Y=1
W=200
H=23
SolidColor=215,215,215

[MeterSearchLabel]
Meter=String
X=5
Y=3
W=200
H=23
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
FontColor=47,47,47,255
FontFace=Fira Sans
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
Text=Everything
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureSearchInput" "ExecuteBatch 1"]

[MeterSearchIcon]
Meter=Image
X=180
Y=3
W=19
H=19
AntiAlias=1
GreyScale=1
ImagePath=#@#Images\
ImageName=Search.png

[MeasureSearchInput]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=InputText
X=1
Y=3
W=200
H=23
SolidColor=200,200,200,255
FontColor=47,47,47,255
FontFace=Fira Sans
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
FocusDismiss=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Command1=[Play "#@#Sounds\NewClick.wav"]["#PathToEverything#" #OptionString# -s "$UserInput$"]
OnDismissAction=[Play "#@#Sounds\MSVolume.wav"]
Note that if you are running a 64bit version of Windows, I recommend getting and installing the 64bit version of Everything. With 64bit Windows, a 32bit search utility can "lie" to you about where some Program Files and Windows "system" files are. This is due to the SysWOW64 folder Windows uses to manage 32bit/64bit applications. Not important that you wrap your head around all of that, just that it is better to match the bit version of Everything with the bit version of your Windows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan

Re: SearchEverything

Post by Stan »

Maybe my system but I get "The selected attachment does not exist anymore." when trying to download the .rmskin

I Copied and pasted the code in a new file and it works like a charm, of course there is no search Icon. This is great! I've had Everything Search installed for quite some time.

Thank you :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Try downloading it again. I made a quick change to the .rmskin, and I think you got caught in the middle.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Working Now.... Thanks again.. I've wanted a way to do this but it was way above my ability.
:D
Being caught in the middle is the story of my life
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

One thing I notice about Everything that is worth knowing...

The form of NTFS indexing that it does it just insanely efficient, and basically means that if you add a new file to your system Everything will instantly find it, unlike some other search tools that need a laborious "update" of the index databases periodically.

However, there are some files that this will "miss". Mostly files that are actually "hard links" in the Windows folder. Windows plays a lot of games with files like Notepad.exe and Calc.exe and such, once again to manage 32bit vs 64bit systems and applications, as well as to "protect" system files that often can be the target of malware. Anyway, Everything won't see those "hard links" as physical files, even though in every practical sense that matters to a user, they are.

To get Everything to properly see ALL files in the Windows folder, what you can do is under "Options / Indexes / Folders", add C:\Windows to the list, and apply. That will cause Everything to do a full filename-based scan and index of that folder in addition to the normal behavior, defaulting to once a day at 3am. Since that folder seldom changes, (Windows Update would be one of the few things that changes files in there) that is plenty often enough.
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JamesSF69

Post by JamesSF69 »

Cool Thanks