It is currently September 29th, 2024, 11:20 am

requesting help modifying "network" display by jsmorley

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jeffhobson

requesting help modifying "network" display by jsmorley

Post by jeffhobson »

I just today pulled up rainmeter and found it very interesting. I have the "initial" display by JSMorley. It contains the display (Right term?) to show the network activity on the ISP connected network (97.87.96.120) . I modified the ".ini" for that to show my local Ethernet connection (192.168.1.21) in a flyover. How do I change the base Ethernet connection to my local connection and add another, second, Ethernet connection to the network display. I am on a very steep learning curve and enjoyed my ability to change the "disk" display to show another disk drive. Needless to say, I am hooked on generating some other displays for this application. A suggestion to point me to a 'tutorial" on how to construct a display would be much appreciated. I looked at the manual pages and could not find a good starting point for either changing one or making a new one. Thank you for your guidance.
Don't lose heart, someone may want it and not waste time with a messy search
jsmorley
Developer

Re: requesting help modifying "network" display by jsmorley

Post by jsmorley »

Are you talking about the "illustro" skins that come with Rainmeter?

That wasn't written by me, but in any case, you should be able to just create more SysInfo plugin measures to get additional instances of SysInfoType=IP_ADDRESS, setting different SysInfoData numbers to talk to different network adapters.

Than you can add more meters to the skin to display this information, or just add the new measures to a Tooltip.