It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:40 pm

WebParser wait for redirect

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Soulweaver

WebParser wait for redirect

Post by Soulweaver »

Hi there! I recently wanted to create a skin that would be able to follow anime airing dates using This Website. But, the website automatically redirects you to the current season upon viewing. It came to my attention when I was looking though the Dump.txt file and it looked different to my chrome developer window.

Is it possible to have the WebParser wait like 5 seconds or so before the retrieval starts? Or maybe any possible workaround, besides just adding the '/fall' to the end.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: WebParser wait for redirect

Post by jsmorley »

WebParser can't follow a redirect, so you need to specify "/fall" on the end of the url.

Pretty sure it is not going to work anyway, as I suspect that the only straight HTML that site even puts out is the "navigation" bar at the top, and the actual content is entirely dynamically generated by javascript, and streamed to the client in a way that requires an actual "browser" to deal with.

I actually don't think you are going to ever be able to "scrape" that site with WebParser. I suspect that is exactly their intention with the approach they are using.
Soulweaver

Re: WebParser wait for redirect

Post by Soulweaver »

jsmorley wrote:-snip-
What if I was to write maybe a script on my website that would gather the information there and display a string? I think some Javascript and maybe PHP(?).