It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:24 am

EnigmaConfigure.exe FP trojan?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Dave78ab

EnigmaConfigure.exe FP trojan?

Post by Dave78ab »

Hi,

Virustotal says 8 out of 40 scanners are flagging enigmaconfigure.exe as a trojan. I just wanted to know if this was indeed a false positive, and if possible, could anyone explain why it is flagging it as such? I am aware the the scanners that are flagging it are not the best out there, but still, if anyone could confirm and elaborate on why.

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/6047fb5d2cbed27e716fa364e184ac627e6e4de2bfc33adf93c61834359b4c89-1257498248

Thank You
bendenfield

Re: EnigmaConfigure.exe FP trojan?

Post by bendenfield »

if you downloaded Rainmeter from rainmeter.net, there is definitly not a virus in it ;)

though, i am a bit curious, cause we are getting that request very often in the last time. may have to do something with the code of the exe. but i really can assure that it will not harm your pc in any way. ;)
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

I believe it is something to do wth the compression used when the package was built.

I think it has been fixed ready for the next builds but I am not sure
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

bendenfield wrote:if you downloaded Rainmeter from rainmeter.net, there is definitly not a virus in it ;)

though, i am a bit curious, cause we are getting that request very often in the last time. may have to do something with the code of the exe. but i really can assure that it will not harm your pc in any way. ;)
It is a false positive, caused by a UPX compression routine that AutoIt uses to compress the final .exe files when they are compiled. I have removed compression from RainBrowser, but I think it is still in EnigmaConfigure.exe.

You can ignore it. It's definitely a false positive.
Dave78ab

Post by Dave78ab »

Thanks for the reply.