It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:19 pm

New Plugin: MIDIIn

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dgrace
Developer

New Plugin: MIDIIn

Post by dgrace »

Ok this one might be more goofy than actually useful, but I was curious so I wrote it:

MIDI interface as a Rainmeter measure. It works sorta like my AudioLevel plugin except you have a parent measure that opens a MIDI In device, and children that extract notes and control values. I'll write up more docs later once I test it a bit more, but here's a test skin if anyone is interested in trying it out. It's kinda neat to be able to drag a fader on my keyboard and have my Rainmeter widgets update in real time, but I haven't figured out a way to actually do anything useful with it. ;)

dave
Attachments
MIDIIn_0.0.0.1.rmskin
(113.1 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
dgrace
Developer

Re: New Plugin: MIDIIn

Post by dgrace »

Note: currently doesn't work if you create 2 of them, there are probably a million other bugs. And maybe I'm the only one here who has a MIDI rig. :P I'll see if I can put together a cooler skin.

dave
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

Ok this is a bit cooler. I used some Tcl magic to autogenerate all the tedious measure/meter stuff in the .ini. Keys now light up relative to note velocity. ;)

dave
Attachments
MIDIIn_0.0.0.2.rmskin
(114.89 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Capture.PNG
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

Ok this is version 1.0.0.0:

Fixed the multiple copies issue - it now refcounts the MIDI interface and initializes/shuts down as appropriate.

The skins no longer have a parent/child setup - you can just specify params on the measures directly.

MIDI channel is now supported.

MIDI pitch bend is now supported.

Measures no longer return raw 0-127 values, I convert everything to 0.0-1.0 (except pitch bend, which goes -1.0 to 1.0)

Enjoy!

dave
Attachments
MIDIIn_1.0.0.0.rmskin
(103.6 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
hasseb432

Post by hasseb432 »

i don't know if there already exists an app i can tweak for me or if i would be able to make one.

But i have my computer hooked to my hdtv through hdmi, and also headphones hooked into my computer often at night i tend to switch the sound to my headphones and turn the tv sound off to not wake anyone else in the house up. And vice versa during the day.
dekuplant

Post by dekuplant »

Hey there! I love how your plugin works. I would like some advice on how I could get this working along side FL Studio 12.

Please and thanks!
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

dekuplant wrote:Hey there! I love how your plugin works. I would like some advice on how I could get this working along side FL Studio 12.

Please and thanks!
I've never used that program, but it looks like a sequencer / audio workstation. Doesn't it have MIDI capability already?

dave
dekuplant

Post by dekuplant »

Hey Dave, yes it is a DAW. Would it be possible to see the inputted keys as I use my virtual instruments in FL Studio? Right now it won't let me have both MidiIN and FL Studio open at the same time with my Midi Keyboard plugged in. (I like looking at slideshows while I write music)

Or could you release a version for me that has a On/off switch so I can quickly disable your desktop plugin to use FL? (Would be more accessible than unloading the plugin)

I look forward to your wise words :)
Shayden
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

Windows MIDI support is pretty ancient and unsupported. I suspect if it won't allow sharing between 2 applications there's probably not much I can do, but I haven't looked at the code in a while so I'll take a glance and see if there are any options when I open the device.

As far as enable/disable, that sounds like something you'd do at the skin level - go for it!

dave
version

Post by version »

I'm a little late to the table but will ask the question anyways.

Anyway to get this to work with TouchOSC (https://hexler.net/products/touchosc)

Basically has an app running in windows which is your 'midi' device and using an android app you can create buttons sliders etc to control windows volumes.

I'm interested in making an audio mixer panel in rainmeter using this functionality.

Anyone have anymore information on this plugin and how it works?

Cheers.