[ Direct Link ]
In near future (till the end of a year for sure), I will do an update fixing some issues and adding some features, will post on twitter and on rm forums. Please share your feedback, tell me what you'd like to see http://goo.gl/6vvXpk
2nd update info
Some time ago I started to do make new code and do some graphics for the update, but I forgot everything about LUA and how to create skins. Currently, I don't have any motivation to relearn all this stuff, so I'm sad to announce that for the time being, I won't update this skin. I'd still really like to do so. If the skin breakes in new updates I will update it as I'm using it myself.
Hello. I'd like to present you my piece of work. By any means I'm not very familiar with LUA, but I just understand basic functions. This skin was my personal project and after I considered it finished I published it here, so there will be bugs.
This isn't official skin!
Last update: 01.06.2015.
Planned features (don't know if I'll be able to do them):
– Automatic update skin popup (not that awful "update" skin)
– More app launcher options
– Laptop battery skin
If you have any feature request, please ask!
Features so far:
– Music player control
– Master volume control
– Basic system information
– Advanced CPU and GPU information
– Basic network and ping information
– Easy edits
– App launcher
Please share your opinions!
You can follow me on twitter or subscribe to this topic for updates:
My GPU related skins don't work.
There are 3 main causes for this:
1. MSI Afterburner plugin didn't install properly
2. You are running SLI / iGPU
3. You've turned off graphs in Afterburner
How to check which issue you have:
1. Go to rainmeter and press "Open log" button on the bottom. If there is an error with message "Plugin: Unable to load "MSIAfterburner.dll" (error 126)" then go to solution 1.
2. Open Afterburner and check the label names of the GPU graphs. If your labels say "GPU1 usage" instead of "GPU usage" then you have iGPU running and rainmeter doesn't know which GPU stats to show. Go to solution 2.
3. In Afterburner go to settings->monitoring. In "Active hardware monitoring graphs" section check whether you have your GPU related graphs turned on, if not just click on the tick symbol and refresh all skins.
1. Go to your rainmeter skins folder (usually in rainmeter install location) and go to "Illustro_Extended\@Resources\Plugins" and open the folder with your rainmeter bit version, copy the MSIAfterburner.dll and paste it into "%appdata%\Rainmeter\Plugins" and paste it there, after that refresh all skins.
2. This will take about 5 minutes to fix. This skin doesn't support SLI at the moment so you need to pick 1 GPU to track stats of. Go to Afterburner and check how it labeled your GPUs (GPU1 and GPU2) and decide which one you'd like to track. Edit all skins containing GPU info (GPU, Temperatures, Usage history) by right clicking on skin and pressing "Edit skin". Search for "DataSource=" and change all entries related to GPU ("Fan speed" changes to "GPU1 fan speed" and "Memory usage" changes to "GPU1 memory usage") by adding GPU number at the end, so "GPU usage" changes to "GPU1 usage". Everything is case sensitive, you can check Afterburner graphs for datasource labels.
2.2 - 01.06.15
Autohiding of track name skin
Fixed drive options
2.1 - 13.09.14.
Overhaul of options menu
Added app launcher
Added usage history