It is currently September 29th, 2024, 1:26 pm

Cannot chance weather after setting click through

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jumper

Cannot chance weather after setting click through

Post by jumper »

I'm using the illustro skin. I changed the weather section. I enabled "click through". Now a right click will not open the Rainmeter menu. I have other sections like the calendar that was set to "click through", but if I right click will bring up the Rainmeter menu.

Another issue is that Rainmeter icon does not show in the task bar. I currently have it set to show icon and notifications. Plus it's not in the section of the task bar with the up arrow shows that it is not loaded???

Anyone have any idea of how to reset things? While I'm waiting, I'll search and see what I can find.

BTW: I'm using Windows 8.1
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cannot chance weather after setting click through

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hold down the 'Ctrl' key... and right-click on the skin. This will momentarily disable the click-through and allow you to bring up the default rainmeter context menu.
jumper

Post by jumper »

Thanks! I really appreciate the help. I removed the process part because it was taking up too much priority. Now I need to see if I can get the weather back. Can you tell me the ini file that controls the weather. I need to set the weather code.

I'll be working on that so maybe I'll find it before another post comes up.

thanks again...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jumper wrote:Thanks! I really appreciate the help. I removed the process part because it was taking up too much priority. Now I need to see if I can get the weather back. Can you tell me the ini file that controls the weather. I need to set the weather code.

I'll be working on that so maybe I'll find it before another post comes up.

thanks again...
Bydefault, illustro does not have a weather skin...
If you downloaded it from this post, then I would need to know which version from that post you are using in order to help (I only have the one I created 2 years ago...)
jumper

Post by jumper »

eclectic-tech wrote: Bydefault, illustro does not have a weather skin...
If you downloaded it from this post, then I would need to know which version from that post you are using in order to help (I only have the one I created 2 years ago...)
I was mistaken... I'm using Enigma (sp?). I really like it. Right now I'm trying to get the weather icons to show in the weather settings. I had it earlier, but can't remember how to get it back.

Also, I have a question about weather codes. In Yahoo there is a "minus" in front of the code. Should I include that in the text files?

thanks again. You help is appreciated.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Enigma! :thumbup:

I think you are looking for the sidebar weather... either open the Manage dialog (left-click the Rainmeter tray icon) and navigate the folder list to Enigma\Sidebar\Weather and click on the choice of weather skins (either one).

That should load the skin back to your desktop.

As for the minus sign, I have never seen one in any of the codes I use (USA)... did you use the Find WeatherCode from the options setting skin? If so just click the 'Set' optionin that skin. I would try the code without the minus and if it doesn't work, add the minus... (using the option skin is probably the best way to set your weather code).
jumper

Post by jumper »

I can bring up the weather section, but the icons are gone and all the info is blank (zero). I'll try and see if there's a place left that has the minus sign in it.