It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:54 pm

HotKey plugin 1.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
lmiol

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by lmiol »

Yincognito wrote: May 9th, 2023, 10:40 am...
Thats exactly what i am looking for.

But i have strange bug:
If TaskBar enabled and after I click to desktop Background area by left or right mouse - then Taskbar Area (Red Area) are not clickable

Also i did some corrections to Background section (but this part do not lead to the appearance of a bug)
RightMouseUpAction=[]
RightMouseDownAction=[]
MouseActionCursor=0
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

lmiol wrote: May 8th, 2023, 10:49 pm English is not my native language. and I am now trying to find words to describe the situation as best as possible.
Don't worry, nor mine is.
lmiol wrote: May 8th, 2023, 10:49 pm I don't know if you will be interested in reading all this, but the concept of the whole widget is this:
I am.
lmiol wrote: May 8th, 2023, 10:49 pm This Return button should work when the desktop is open, but hovering over the Steam button is optional. But if any other window of any program is open, then the Return button should not launch Steam.
What do you mean by "desktop is open"? I assume you'd like to enable the hotkeys when desktop is focused and would like to disable their action when any other window is open. I see Yincognito probably has solved the issue, at least partially, however in meantime I got a new idea and maybe you might check it.
For this, you need another plugin, IsFullScreen, written by jsmorley a while ago. The latest version of this plugin can return the window which has focus. Particularly desktop can have focus, when other windows are not open or are minimized, on the taskbar. So, when for instance Notepad is focused, the plugin return Notepad.exe, when Notepad++ is focused it returns Notepad++.exe and finally what in this case will interest you probably is the case when all windows are closed or minimized. In this last case, the plugin returns Explorer.exe. We can use this to enable the HotKey plugin in this last situation or to disable it in any other case.
If you are interested in this solution, please let me know, to give you a complete description on how to do this. You'll have to install the IsFullScreen plugin, but this can easily be done.
So, are you interested in this solution?
lmiol wrote: May 8th, 2023, 10:49 pm Sorry for that wall of text =(
Don't apologize, it's a good thing you've described what you want.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 2:19 pm Thats exactly what i am looking for.

But i have strange bug:
If TaskBar enabled and after I click to desktop Background area by left or right mouse - then Taskbar Area (Red Area) are not clickable
It doesn't happen for me, but as I already told you, I have all the other actions commented out (in case they play a part in this, that is). Anyway, it shouldn't happen, since WORKAREA by default excludes the taskbar area. By the way, now that the skin covers the entire desktop except the taskbar, you can safely change the on update action from the [Rainmeter] section to:

Code: Select all

OnUpdateAction=[!Draggable 0][!ZPos -2][!SetWindowPosition "0%" "0%" "0%" "0%"]
and either refresh or unload and reload the skin, so that the skin is not somehow moved to cover parts of the taskbar, if by any chance this is causing the so called "bug". If the "bug" (which I'm sure it's not a true bug) persists even after this, you can try to temporarily set the [Background] meter's solid color to something like SolidColor=255,0,0,128 to better see the extent of the skin, and, if necessary, set the background meter's height to H=(#WORKAREAHEIGHT#-30) or similar to make it not cover the taskbar area. This, of course, assumes that you use the [Backround] + [Button] meters variant of the code (instead of just the [Button] meter variant).

Apart from this issue, you can then try what balala suggested, if you need to detect whether the application window that currently has focus is running in full screen or not.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
lmiol

Post by lmiol »

Yincognito wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:40 pm It doesn't happen for me
all windows of any apps should be closed - then bug can be reproduced. If atleast 1 window be opened - then there no bug

SolidColor=255,0,0,128
as you see taskbar filled

i think background should be moved out of button.ini to another .ini file to make different position. i will try this idea soon
Last edited by lmiol on May 9th, 2023, 4:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lmiol

Post by lmiol »

balala wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:24 pm For this, you need another plugin, IsFullScreen
Thanks a lot. I will explore this plugin.
But if it works with depencies, for example like explorer.exe then it not match to me in that way. Because my widget can work without app Explorer.exe. But i can find other solutions in this plugin for my ideas
Last edited by lmiol on May 9th, 2023, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:57 pm all windows of any apps should be closed - then bug can be reproduced. If atleast 1 window be opened - then there no bug

SolidColor=255,0,0,128
Ah, I see - exactly what I thought. For some reason, the skin is extending over the taskbar, hence the issue you describe. Maybe that's partly because of killing explorer? In any case, the solution should be simple, make the skin not extend over the taskbar area, via decreasing its height and positioning it at 0,0 on the screen. For me, it looks like this:
Screen.jpg
so I don't experience the problem. Will try and see without any window open (even though that shouldn't matter since they're all minimized and in the background, but let me see).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmiol

Post by lmiol »

Yincognito wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:10 pm Maybe that's partly because of killing explorer?
no, i am figured out why it happens
it is all because i replaced explorer.exe to rainmeter.exe as by default explore in windows 10

My windows 10 starts with rainmeter widget instead explorer.exe=))))
Last edited by lmiol on May 9th, 2023, 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 3:57 pmi think background should be moved out of button.ini to another .ini file to make different position. i will try this idea soon
I don't think that's needed. I already tested this with all windows closed and I didn't experience the issue. Out of curiosity, do you have your taskbar set to autohide in Windows Settings?
Taskbar Hiding.jpg
Because if so, then WORKAREA will indeed extend over the taskbar, since that doesn't exist when the skin is loaded. The solution is the same: decrease the height of the [Background] meter with the height of the taskbar, via H=(#WORKAREAHEIGHT#-30) or similar. Simple.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:22 pm no, i am figured out why it happens
it is all because i replaced explorer.exe to rainmeter.exe as by default explore in windows 10

My windows 10 starts with rainmeter widget =))))
Really?! :jawdrop :o O.O :o :jawdrop
So fixing this solves the issue? :???:
lmiol

Post by lmiol »

Yincognito wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:25 pm Really?! :jawdrop :o O.O :o :jawdrop
So fixing this solves the issue? :???:
no, i did it for a purpose.
i trying to make agile PC similar looks to Console (like XBOX for example) but with features of PC
So i have combinations:
CTRL+WIN+E to run EXPLORER
and
CTRL+WIN+W to shut down EXPLORER

and when i shutdown it i can see rainmeter widget