It is currently September 29th, 2024, 3:36 pm

Unload or load skin at specific time (i.e. scheduled time)

General topics related to Rainmeter.
lawty

Unload or load skin at specific time (i.e. scheduled time)

Post by lawty »

Hi
Does anyone know if I can unload or even load a skin at a specific time. This needs to be a specific time and not an interval time - so on a scheduler for example is there a script that can be called that would load or unload.

Many thanks
anna
thekey

Re: Unload or load skin at specific time (i.e. scheduled tim

Post by thekey »

In Windows, you can go to its built in Task Scheduler. Go to Start, and search "Task Scheduler" or simply "Task". Then, when the window opens, you can go to Action>Create Task. Set a Name and Description in the respective categories of the General Tab, then click "Triggers". Select "New..." and then set the time where you wish the skin to be loaded or unloaded at, and whether is should be Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. You can play with these settings as well. Click OK when you are done with setting the designated time, then go to the "Actions" tab and Click "New...". The next window should default to the action "Start a program". Under settings, there is a input box for "Program/script:". Enter "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" into it followed by whatever bang you wish the task to execute. For example:
"C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" [!ActivateConfig illustro\Clock "Clock.ini"

It works for me, hope it does for you too.