It is currently September 29th, 2024, 3:27 pm

On Update/Refresh skin

General topics related to Rainmeter.
lawty

On Update/Refresh skin

Post by lawty »

Hiya,
Im probably asking the impossible, but here goes :)
I have a set of skins that are related and what I would like to do is the following. When the main skin refreshes from an update - I would like to unload the other skins. The update only occurs once a day. Otherwise, the skins will remain on screen if they are loaded at other times (i.e. they get loaded through mouse click events etc..). Hope that makes sense!

Anna
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: On Update/Refresh skin

Post by eclectic-tech »

Welcome to the Rainmeter forum Anna!

You would want to look at assigning a Group to the skins you want to unload.
Add Group=[i]YourGroupName[/i] to the [Rainmeter] section of those skins.

Then look at the Group Bangs to DeActivate the group. Or use Hide/Show Groups...

In the [Rainmeter] section of your main skin have OnRefresh=!DeActivateGroup [i]YourGroupName[/i]

Note this will DeActivate all of those skins in YourGroupName on the initial load, so you should load this skin before any of the other skins in the group if you want them to be active.
You mentioned the main skin will refresh from an update, so you may want to add the !DeActivateGroup bang to that update rather than to the main skin refresh I described above; OnUpdateAction=!DeActivateGroup [i]YourGroupName[/i]

There are a number of ways to achieve your purpose, but without seeing your code, you will have to determine which way works best for you.