It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:16 am

Distortion-rb4

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Mordasius

Distortion-rb4

Post by Mordasius »

What began as a bit of fun has now become a little tedious so I've posted the Distortion-rb4 collection of skins and will move on to other stuff. Hopefully, other skinners (what is the collective noun for those that create/edit rainmeter skins?) will see the potential of ImageMagik used in combination with Rainmeter and go on to produce more appealing suites.
Note that I added a measure to check whether or not ImageMagik was already running in some of the skins as I was getting error messages like Error 101: Program still running: "D:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\MagickCMD.exe" but these errors never crashed Rainmeter.
Brian
Developer

Re: Distortion-rb4

Post by Brian »

Mordasius wrote:Note that I added a measure to check whether or not ImageMagik was already running in some of the skins as I was getting error messages like Error 101: Program still running: "D:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.8.8-Q16\MagickCMD.exe" but these errors never crashed Rainmeter.
That error message is from my RunCommand plugin. I would assume the reason you are getting that message is because you are asking ImageMagik to run again before it finished the previous command.

I am not entirely sure how your skin is using RunCommand (as I have not yet downloaded this), but I would assume you are either 1) running ImageMagik on command from a user (ie. LeftMouseUpAction or such), or 2) you are running it through a measure (like a Calc) that might be trying to run the command in intervals.

For #1, I would say the fault might lie in how fast a user is clicking the mouse. For example, the user may click repeatedly before a previous command finished.

For #2, You may want to use FinishAction on the measure to start the next ImageMagik command, or set a timer or some such before running the command again. That might as least get rid of the error message.

Anyway, looks good, I will definitely try it out sometime soon!

-Brian

PS - I wonder if I should make a new option for RunCommand to not report error messages...
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

There are six out of fourteen skins that use the RunCommand Plugin. The time, RSS feeder, slide image and music player skins update images using ImageMagik every 19 to 60 to length of track seconds. This was causing the conflicts which is why I added a check measure along the lines of:

Code: Select all

[mMagickRunning]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=MagickCMD.exe
IfCondition=mMagickRunning < 1
IfTrueAction=[!UpdateMeasure mDistortImage] [!CommandMeasure mDistortImage Run] 
IfConditionMode=1
UpdateDivider=-1
This seems to have overcome the errors brought about by trying to run MagickCMD.exe while it was still working on another set of images.
Brian wrote:PS - I wonder if I should make a new option for RunCommand to not report error messages...
By all means add an option to not report errors but I for one prefer to see them as I rely on such error messages to let me know that things aren't quite working as I expected. :-)
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Mordasius wrote:There are six out of fourteen skins that use the RunCommand Plugin. The time, RSS feeder, slide image and music player skins update images using ImageMagik every 19 to 60 to length of track seconds. This was causing the conflicts which is why I added a check measure along the lines of:

Code: Select all

[mMagickRunning]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=MagickCMD.exe
IfCondition=mMagickRunning < 1
IfTrueAction=[!UpdateMeasure mDistortImage] [!CommandMeasure mDistortImage Run] 
IfConditionMode=1
UpdateDivider=-1
This seems to have overcome the errors brought about by trying to run MagickCMD.exe while it was still working on another set of images.
Ahh, I see, and that is a good way of checking if the process is still running. I believe you can run the same program multiple times with RunCommand, you just will need a separate measure each time (unless the program itself only allows 1 instance).
Mordasius wrote: By all means add an option to not report errors but I for one prefer to see them as I rely on such error messages to let me know that things aren't quite working as I expected. :-)
I think you are right on this one. That particular "error" message maybe should be labeled differently (like Notice or Warning) as Error's usually indicate some sort of a significant problem. This message feels like more of a "Hey, I am not done yet, gimme more time", which really isn't an error, just a notice.

-Brian
moshi

Post by moshi »

very nice layout!