It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:51 am

Working with Bitmap

Our most popular Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Team and others
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Working with Bitmap

Post by jsmorley »

xames3 wrote: One more - isn't there other method of using the images as I would need to create a hell lot of folders with lot of frames in my resources folder. why didn't the bitframe method worked for me?
Assuming your bitmap image was created correctly, you might have needed this on it:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/bitmap/#BitmapZeroFrame
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

One last word of caution on image "animations" in Rainmeter.

However you are doing the animation with Image meters, be it with a low Update in [Rainmeter], or a low "repeat,wait,count" "wait" time in ActionTimer, do NOT put any W or H on the image meter(s).

If you need to use Photoshop or Gimp or Paint.net or Irfanview or whatever image editor is your choice, and resize the images to actually be the size you want, by all means do so. Do NOT have Rainmeter doing any resizing of images in an Image meter when you are animating it.

The reason is that image resizing is a tad expensive in Rainmeter. But even more to the point, it is done during the "redraw" of the skin, and not during the "update" of the meter(s), and it is done on every redraw. Therefore, you have little control over how often it is done. If you have a low Update rate on the skin, or you are using [!UpdateMeter SomeMeter][!Redraw] on the ActionTimer actions, in either case you can quickly work Rainmeter into a lather if you are resizing images as a part of the skin redraw, and are doing so at a fast pace. The bigger the "difference" between the actual size and the "resized" size is, the more the impact is.

If you have the images displayed in their actual size, and use no W or H at all on the meter, the savings in the work Rainmetr does are huge.
xames3

Post by xames3 »

Hey JS,

I tried your code. it works wonders!! Thanks a lot but I need your help again.
I've linked my skin folder it has all the animations. My problem is it doesn't play the animations when I load the skin but it plays when I refresh the skin.
I've few questions -
1. Is there anyother way to recreate individual animations skins and then calling them using one single skin (I was thinking of something like @include command).
If yes then how to code these individual animations?
2. Is there any other way to change the opacity and load time of the String/Histogram meter. I want the text to load after the animation has completed and flicker randomly afterwards.
3. How can I add delay in the animations? I want some animations to load after some other animation?

I know I'm asking you a lot of questions but I really don't want to stop after getting into this.. ;-)
Here is the link for skin. Kindly have a look and guide me.
Thanks in advance!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WuMXH1P6-5McxY2kE0Qxg1k1zJAzdelf