It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:19 pm

Working with Roundline

Our most popular Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Team and others
setsuna

Re: Working with Roundline

Post by setsuna »

Any ideas on making the inner circle work with the color action?
pulinshah07

Post by pulinshah07 »

I made this kind of stuff..Pretty basic though! The idea paid off :)
I am going to upload it together with a whole new kinda skin...In case anyone needs it I can help :D
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
BTW @jsmorley I guess you didn't get my doubt.
You gave all examples for a 360 degree rotating thing...
In this case it really difficult to identify the exact rotationAngle since it not a perfect 90-180-270-360 degree
I wonder if only using a protractor on the screen would help me determine the exact RotationAngle for my skin!
I have attached the Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

pulinshah07 wrote:BTW @jsmorley I guess you didn't get my doubt.
You gave all examples for a 360 degree rotating thing...
In this case it really difficult to identify the exact rotationAngle since it not a perfect 90-180-270-360 degree
I wonder if only using a protractor on the screen would help me determine the exact RotationAngle for my skin!
I have attached the Image
I guess I don't understand the question. You have a meter on the screen that is created by setting a StartAngle / RotationAngle on a Roundline or Rotator meter, and you want to know how to figure out the resulting RotationAngle? Just read your skin .ini file. It's right there.

If what you are asking is how you determine what the current radians / angle of the displayed Roundline is when the measure value is some particular percent, say when the measure is at 26% or something, I don't know. That math is all done under the covers by the meter, and what you can know is the starting "StartAngle" and the amount of radians the meter will travel when the value is 100%, the "RotationAngle".
pulinshah07

Post by pulinshah07 »

Now the background image got arcs Starting from 0 degrees in anticlockwise ie. -6.28 radians you need to rotate till the background image ends up!
I don't know how many radians does that rotation make?
Yep its mentioned in the skin..
Its just by trial and error I got the rotation angle.
Are there any other means to find the rotation angle based on the background you choose...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

pulinshah07 wrote:Now the background image got arcs Starting from 0 degrees in anticlockwise ie. -6.28 radians you need to rotate till the background image ends up!
I don't know how many radians does that rotation make?
Yep its mentioned in the skin..
Its just by trial and error I got the rotation angle.
Are there any other means to find the rotation angle based on the background you choose...
Not that I know of. You can't expect Rainmeter to "analyze" your background image. All Rainmeter knows about that is that it is a square or rectangle of some width and height.
pulinshah07

Post by pulinshah07 »

Rotation angle is basically angle between two lines each from the centre to the relative points on a roundline from 0% measure to 100% measure.
Hence i wished if there is a way to calculate that angle with ease and with complete perfection
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

No clue. I guess you could use some on-screen-ruler utility and find out various distances in pixels between different points in your image and do some math to figure out the RotationAngle, but I have no idea what that formula would look like, and I'm not sure how you translate "pixels" into "radians".
pulinshah07

Post by pulinshah07 »

Hmm.. No Problem !
At least there isn't such a way I am not aware of
Perhaps there a certain ways..But quite boring
Download some app and work by Math.
I ll be on it and try to get some formula or a simpler way in case someone might need ahead
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Maybe MB-Ruler is what you want to use?
pulinshah07

Post by pulinshah07 »

Exactly the same xD Icarus1969