It is currently April 24th, 2024, 11:45 am

Resize picture aspect ratios

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
cali

Resize picture aspect ratios

Post by cali »

I registered just to post this. It's something that's been bugging me for the years I've been using rainmeter.

Is there any chance you can implement a feature that makes pictures automatically resize to the correct aspect ratio when being displayed as a slideshow in a rainmeter picture viewer? None of the current ones can do that, so I assume the possibility isn't there yet.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Resize picture aspect ratios

Post by jsmorley »

cali wrote:I registered just to post this. It's something that's been bugging me for the years I've been using rainmeter.

Is there any chance you can implement a feature that makes pictures automatically resize to the correct aspect ratio when being displayed as a slideshow in a rainmeter picture viewer? None of the current ones can do that, so I assume the possibility isn't there yet.
From the manual:

PreserveAspectRatio
If set to 1,the aspect ratio of the image is preserved when the image is scaled both horizontally and vertically (ie: both W and H are specified). If both width and height are given and PreserveAspectRatio is set to 0, then the image can be distorted.

Note: If only the width or only the height is specified, not both, then the aspect ratio is automatically retained and the image is scaled by the in the direction corresponding to the value given.

[ImageMeter]
Meter=IMAGE
W=200
H=100
PreserveAspectRatio=1
cali

Post by cali »

Wow fast reply lol. I have tried that before and it doesnt work.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shiroikumo/?action=view&current=untitled-2.jpg

I am using Rainmeter 1.0 rev163 though if that's of any relevance.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

cali wrote:Wow fast reply lol. I have tried that before and it doesnt work.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shiroikumo/?action=view&current=untitled-2.jpg

I am using Rainmeter 1.0 rev163 though if that's of any relevance.
Yes it is... PreserveAspectRatio is a new feature of 1.1

http://Rainmeter.net
cali

Post by cali »

Haha, figures. Just when I finally bring myself to ask here it looks like it got implemented in the latest version. Thanks, works great! :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

cali wrote:Haha, figures. Just when I finally bring myself to ask here it looks like it got implemented in the latest version. Thanks, works great! :D
We knew you wanted it... ;-)