It is currently September 29th, 2024, 3:23 pm

Temperatures without CoreTemp

General topics related to Rainmeter.
bprichar

Temperatures without CoreTemp

Post by bprichar »

Not sure if this question has been asked yet, but a quick search didn't find it.

Is there any way to get the cpu temperature (and possibly the video card temperature) without using CoreTemp?

I don't know why these aren't built-in measures in Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Temperatures without CoreTemp

Post by jsmorley »

No, there is no way to do that.

While I understand your reasoning and can't argue with it at that level, there is zero chance we are going to attempt to build in the enormous amount of code it would take to do the device driver programming to support the hundreds if not thousands of different hardware sensors for motherboards, cases, CPUs, GPU's and who knows what else. In addition it is just a "career" keeping things current with hardware that changes almost daily.

This will likely never be a stand-alone part of the core Rainmeter code, as it is a Manhattan Project level of effort we don't intend to get into, and we are happy that there are others like SpeedFan, CoreTemp, HWInfo and the like that provide the support you need.
bprichar

Re: Temperatures without CoreTemp

Post by bprichar »

That's understandable. I would have thought there would be some standard system calls for getting that type of information by now, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the reply.