find the maximum capacity of your recycle bin

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: find the maximum capacity of your recycle bin

Post by jsmorley »

Active Colors wrote:
Capture.PNG
I also tried to turn off and close an antivirus to check if it disables plugin to work. Still...
I am suspicious that there are more than one versions of the plugin .dll on your system, at least one of which is the wrong bit architecture.

I would do the following.

- Exit Rainmeter
- Use some search capability to find all versions of RunCommand.dll and delete them. You want to be sure you get rid of any that are in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins and %APPDATA%\Rainmeter\Plugins.
- Install that skin I linked to above. Installing it will also start Rainmeter with that skin loaded.

Does the example skin now work?

If not, tell us exactly what your Windows setup looks like. First, use the About / Version dialog and click the Copy to Clipboard button there, paste that here. If you are on XP, what Service Pack version are you at?
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

jsmorley wrote: I am suspicious that there are more than one versions of the plugin .dll on your system, at least one of which is the wrong bit architecture.

I would do the following.

- Exit Rainmeter
- Use some search capability to find all versions of RunCommand.dll and delete them. You want to be sure you get rid of any that are in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins and %APPDATA%\Rainmeter\Plugins.
- Install that skin I linked to above. Installing it will also start Rainmeter with that skin loaded.

Does the example skin now work?

If not, tell us exactly what your Windows setup looks like. First, use the About / Version dialog and click the Copy to Clipboard button there, paste that here. If you are on XP, what Service Pack version are you at?
Closed Rainmeter. Deleted RunCommand plugins in the Program Files and %APPDATA% directories. Installed example skin. Still the same problem.
3.1.0 beta r2282 32-bit (Feb 23 2014)
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\AC\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\AC\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
I've also tried to replace the plugin in %APPDATA% which was installed by the sample skin and I get the same error.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, then I'm just stumped. It is possible that RunCommand is using some C++/Windows feature that is just not supported in 32bit Win7. Not sure where to go from here.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

jsmorley wrote:Well, then I'm just stumped. It is possible that RunCommand is using some C++/Windows feature that is just not supported in 32bit Win7. Not sure where to go from here.
Probably. Nevermind, just wanted to try out the moshis trick.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Active Colors wrote: Probably. Nevermind, just wanted to try out the moshis trick.
Do you have the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++ for 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2012 with both 32 and 64-bit versions installed?
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

exper1mental wrote:Do you have the latest versions of Microsoft Visual C++ for 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2012 with both 32 and 64-bit versions installed?
Nope. I have everything but 2012. Ok, gonna install it, sometime :)
Edhel

Post by Edhel »

Hi there, I wanted to try this, so I played with it but the numbers were somehow strange... The maximum capacity was too high to be true. I don't understand the registry very well or the RunCommand plugin but I found out that it added values of my external drives to the maximum value too. Not only the one I use now but also those three that have burnt long time ago and also drives of my friends that have ever been connected to my computer. They are still in in the registry. (However, it is interresting it has values only of those "bigger" drives, not my little 8GB flash disk :???: )
After some search, I have found that GUIDs for my actual drives are also stored in the "LastEnum" value of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket". So I have altered the parameter for the [Command_1] measure and it works :) (Or at least for my two-drive laptop.) However, as I don't understand this, could you please check, if it works for more or other drives, other people machines and whether it is safe to use?

Code: Select all

[Command_1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RunCommand
Parameter="reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket" /v LastEnum"
FinishAction=[!UpdateMeasureGroup Drives]
OutputType=Ansi
(the rest of the code remain the same as in the example)
moshi

Post by moshi »

Edhel wrote:However, as I don't understand this, could you please check, if it works for more or other drives,
it sure works, it just reads other drives then.
Edhel wrote: and whether it is safe to use?
the whole concept is crap, as i explained in my first post. ;)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Active Colors wrote: Nope. I have everything but 2012. Ok, gonna install it, sometime :)
Installing C++ 2012 got it working for me! Thanks for the tip Exper1mental :thumbup: