It is currently April 30th, 2024, 6:46 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
winterwulf

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by winterwulf »

Toku wrote:Weird, Spotify plugin has been working flawlessly on my end. Only thing I would like to get is that song number like I mentioned earlier (for example song 1 of 12 etc). Can I do it with a NowPlaying plugin?
Would you mind to confirm you spotify version to us please?

Also Nowplaying plugin can't get song number from spotify =(
Do you want this info to simply display on your skin or do you need it for some other reason?
shadow10051

Post by shadow10051 »

So its an issue with the Spotify Web Helper, I reverted just that to a previous version and its working again.

It seems it's that there might be a bug in the WebHelper itself because I tried doing queries to it and it took a very long time which I think is causing the plugin to timeout, replacing the current WebHelper with the old one for me has restored functionality and since its only WebHelper Spotify will not trigger a full update and replace it until they release a whole new version.
Yedaself

Post by Yedaself »

shadow10051 wrote:So its an issue with the Spotify Web Helper, I reverted just that to a previous version and its working again.

It seems it's that there might be a bug in the WebHelper itself because I tried doing queries to it and it took a very long time which I think is causing the plugin to timeout, replacing the current WebHelper with the old one for me has restored functionality and since its only WebHelper Spotify will not trigger a full update and replace it until they release a whole new version.
I deleted Web Helper for hope to restore itself but it didn't. :confused: Because of this issue Musixmatch Lyrics for Spotify isn't working too.
winterwulf

Post by winterwulf »

shadow10051 wrote:So its an issue with the Spotify Web Helper, I reverted just that to a previous version and its working again.

Did u only replace the webhelper.exe?

@Yedaself, I have this file if you want. It is a .exe tho
shadow10051

Post by shadow10051 »

winterwulf wrote:Did u only replace the webhelper.exe?

I did replace the WebHelper exe with an older one.
skwerlman

Post by skwerlman »

After updating to the most recent version of Spotify (1.0.37.150.gad02a02e), the plugin no longer works for me...

EDIT: And now after actually reading this thread, I realize that you guys have it mostly figured out already.
TheBlubb

Post by TheBlubb »

After updating Spotify to 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 my skins using the spotify plugin were also broken, as is the case for many of you.

After deinstalling Spotify and doing a clean install of the latest version it works again.

I don't know what that does to your downloaded music, but your saved playists etc. are stored in your account so you don't have to worry about that.
Yedaself

Post by Yedaself »

winterwulf wrote:Did u only replace the webhelper.exe?

Thank you. I took it from my friend's pc. Uninstall and reinstall works too.
abhishek7

Post by abhishek7 »

Hello friends,

I've installed "monstercat-visualizer" rainmeter skin today ... It worked fine at first time with spotify, but after a restart, it is not displaying album art - song details - song duration

the controls (prev-pause-next) are working fine ... and in rainmeter log - it is showing that "spotifyWebHelper is not running"

What should I do now?

winterwulf

Post by winterwulf »

abhishek7 wrote:Hello friends,

I've installed "monstercat-visualizer"...

What should I do now?
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=127222#p127222