It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:20 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Grmblfz

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by Grmblfz »

kyriakos876 wrote: December 25th, 2018, 9:31 pm I'm quite sure this plugin isn't supported anymore and it doesn't work with the latest versions of Spotify.
In case you mean Spicetify, click here and isntall the skin. The plugin should be installed with the skin.
Sad, oh well. Thx though.
I wanted a player skin that could show the progress in a bar but for Spotify that doesn't work...
So that skin is not what I searched for but thanks for the suggestion!
Have a great day!
Grmblfz

Post by Grmblfz »

balala wrote: December 25th, 2018, 9:46 pm Never install a plugin manually. There are more things you have to be careful to get the proper version of it. This is true not just related to this plugin, but to each.
As kyriakos876 wrote, the best way is to download a skin installer which contains the plugin and install it. Will be installed the skin and besides it, the appropriate version of the plugin, into the appropriate (hidden) folder. After this you can start using it.
Ok, thx! I'll remeber that!
XulixEmerald

Post by XulixEmerald »

I can't figure out how to install this.
Can I get any help?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

XulixEmerald wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 2:56 pm I can't figure out how to install this.
Can I get any help?
Please see this post by the plugin author...
Then follow his advice to download at https://github.com/khanhas/Spicetify.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 24th, 2019, 1:57 am Please see this post by the plugin author...
I'm not sure I understand why the author doesn't post a link (or even better why he doesn't upload the installer directly there) in the first post of this topic, so that everyone interested can find and download it easily. Why does he have to hide the link somewhere in the 75th page of the topic? Hard for me to understand, but maybe just I have a problem with this. :confused:
Dany Gee

Post by Dany Gee »

Need a little help to get the WebNowPlaying working...
What is wrong with my config?
Spicetify is installed and working.
WebNowPlaying companion extension is enabled. Can I somehow ensure if it is installed?
Dany Gee

Post by Dany Gee »

OK, as suspected, the webnowplaying plugin wasn't installed :confused:
After installation and little code cleanup, it works perfectly :sly:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Dany Gee wrote: April 7th, 2019, 10:27 pm Can I somehow ensure if it is installed?
To check the installed plugins right click the Rainmeter icon in Windows Notification Area then click About. Click the third, Plugins tab in the About Rainmeter window. There you can see the installed plugins.
cnone

Post by cnone »

I have tried to install Spicetify via rainmeter and now my spotify looks like this: https://imgur.com/mLClwfo

I really don't care the spotify's ui because with spicetify i can get 5.1 sound somehow :D and my now playing skin works with it.
Please don't tell me install spicetify-cli because that way my skin doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated :)
EDIT: Now I am trying to figure out cli version :D I think I have to install plugins manually..

EDIT 2: Now I have figured it out. I have removed everything except rainmeter :D
And then installed the cli version and copied the webnowplaying.js to appropriate location and followed the instructions one by one. Added plugin.js to config and then TA DAAAA! :D
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

Yeah you're right, since the last update of the Spotify App the Spicetify Rainmeter skin is incompatible (results in a bugged UI) but the development of it was already abonded.

Luckily the creator (khanhas) didn't forgot us and has made a easy to follow how-to which is available here: https://github.com/khanhas/spicetify-cli/wiki/Guide-for-Rainmeter-user

You only have to run these three blocks of commands in the powershell one after the other and the WebNowPlaying plugin does get values again but as always, after every update you'll have to redo this.