It is currently September 29th, 2024, 5:35 pm

The team would like your help.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

The team would like your help.

Post by jsmorley »

I don't think any of the developers are currently using a Windows 8 device that has a "touch" screen, and we would like to both be sure all appropriate functionality works, and document what "gestures" are supported to replicate a mouse in Rainmeter when used with touch.

Try this skin:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeterOne]
Meter=String
FontSize=50
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Click me in different ways
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Left Mouse Down"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Left Mouse Up"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Left Mouse Double-Click"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
RightMouseDownAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Right Mouse Down"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
RightMouseUpAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Right Mouse Up"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
RightMouseDoubleClickAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Right Mouse Double-Click"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MiddleMouseDownAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Middle Mouse Down"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MiddleMouseUpAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Middle Mouse Up"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MiddleMouseDoubleClickAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Middle Mouse Double-Click"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Scroll Down"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Scroll Up"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollLeftAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Scroll Left"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollRightAction=[!SetOption MeterTwo Text "Scroll Right"][!ShowMeter MeterTwo][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[MeterTwo]
Meter=String
Y=5R
FontSize=15
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
Test all the mouse functions supported in Rainmeter today, and reply with a list like:

LeftMouseDownAction : single tap
LeftMouseUpAction :
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction :
RightMouseDownAction :
RightMouseUpAction :
RightMouseDoubleClickAction :
MiddleMouseDownAction :
MiddleMouseUpAction :
MiddleMouseDoubleClickAction :
MouseScrollDownAction :
MouseScrollUpAction :
MouseScrollLeftAction :
MouseScrollRightAction :
Where you tell us what input gesture(s) are used to get the action. Obviously if you are unable to use any of the functions, we would want to know that.

If you are using a "touch mouse" or a "touchpad" that has custom capabilities, let us know that. What we are looking for is the "default" behavior.

MouseOver / MouseLeave are probably going to be the only functions just not supported in a touch environment. Not sure we can do anything about that.
silidual

Re: The team would like your help.

Post by silidual »

My turn to help! :D Here's my list using the touchscreen.

LeftMouseDownAction : (single tap, but doesn't display due to speed)
LeftMouseUpAction :single tap
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction :double tap
RightMouseDownAction :tap and hold (press) (doesn't display)
RightMouseUpAction : tap and hold (press)
MiddleMouseDownAction :
MiddleMouseUpAction :
MouseScrollDownAction :
MouseScrollUpAction :
MouseScrollLeftAction :
MouseScrollRightAction :
The rest of these I can't do with the touch environment, but they all work as expected with my regular laptop mouse.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

silidual wrote:My turn to help! :D Here's my list using the touchscreen.

LeftMouseDownAction : (single tap, but doesn't display due to speed)
LeftMouseUpAction :single tap
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction :double tap
RightMouseDownAction :tap and hold (press) (doesn't display)
RightMouseUpAction : tap and hold (press)
MiddleMouseDownAction :
MiddleMouseUpAction :
MouseScrollDownAction :
MouseScrollUpAction :
MouseScrollLeftAction :
MouseScrollRightAction :
The rest of these I can't do with the touch environment, but they all work as expected with my regular laptop mouse.
You can't "swipe" to get the scroll actions? I changed the skin in the first post to make the font a lot bigger, to give you room to "swipe".
silidual

Post by silidual »

Doesn't work for me. Swiping up and down does nothing, swiping across reigsters leftmouseup and down.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

silidual wrote:Doesn't work for me. Swiping up and down does nothing, swiping across reigsters leftmouseup and down.
Huh... Ok, thanks for your help!