It is currently September 29th, 2024, 5:43 pm

Gallery ideas

General topics related to Rainmeter.
N2tZ

Gallery ideas

Post by N2tZ »

So after years of mixing up different skins, I thought I'd try full on Enigma today. So far it looks fun and fills up my second monitor nicely.

Although one thing that's kind of bugging me is the gallery. I don't really know what to use it for. Currently it's displaying my wallpapers folder but some images are too big to be displayed properly and they tend to look bad. My usual pictures folder is full of all sorts of junk so that's out of the question. Currently my best bet is to just start a collection of images purely to be displayed in the gallery but I'm not sure where to start.

So I thought I'd ask here. What do you use your gallery skins for?
moshi

Re: Gallery ideas

Post by moshi »

N2tZ wrote: I don't really know what to use it for.
you don't have to use it. ;)
N2tZ wrote:some images are too big to be displayed properly and they tend to look bad.
you could try to right-click the skin to edit it. search for an option called PreserveAspectRatio and set it to PreserveAspectRatio=2
N2tZ wrote:What do you use your gallery skins for?
i display photos that i have taken. brings back some nice memories sometimes.
N2tZ wrote:Currently my best bet is to just start a collection of images purely to be displayed in the gallery but I'm not sure where to start.
that sounds kinda weird.
N2tZ

Post by N2tZ »

moshi wrote:you don't have to use it. ;)
Yeah, but I'd still like to :D
moshi wrote:you could try to right-click the skin to edit it. search for an option called PreserveAspectRatio and set it to PreserveAspectRatio=2
Thanks, that seems to fix it :)
moshi wrote:i display photos that i have taken. brings back some nice memories sometimes.
Good idea, too bad I don't really have any photos other than old crappy skateboarding ones from ~6 years ago
moshi wrote:that sounds kinda weird.
It'd be pretty sweet to have either some nice looking landscape photos or even good looking simple wallpapers displaying from time to time. Or maybe different drawings and sketches for inspiration. Or even quotes of some kind.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You might want to write (re-write) a skin to download images from the web (flickr, photobucket, wallbase, or other wallpaper sites) and have them displayed in your gallery. That way the images are always changing.

There are several skins out there that do this...
Here is a skin that uses interfacelift images. And this one from FaradeyUA that access several wallpaper sites.

Just a thought...
Abner45

Post by Abner45 »

Good idea. Thanks to being here with great stuff.