It is currently September 29th, 2024, 5:29 pm

Weather issues - South Africa - multiple skins

General topics related to Rainmeter.
sy573mx

Weather issues - South Africa - multiple skins

Post by sy573mx »

Hi I'm from South Africa, I have an issue with rainmeter weather skins.

Enigma works and some others but partially... the temps work but the weather does not - on some of them the forecast for the next day or next few days works but not the current one.
Is there any way to use the enigma data on a different skin or skins ? I am looking for a way to have no background, a grey font color that is completely transparent & only comes up when I mouse over.
I am looking for a minimalist text based weather skin.
I have tried multiple skins and still don't get any that work for me

I'd like to know is there anyway to change the URL to one that will work ? like weatherunderground.com I don't understand why the setting of the location does not work...
the Location on weather.com is SFXX0044 and that works on enigma. but like I said above it does work on others but only partially.
I would love to find out what is causing this. I will be re installing my PC soon as my SSD fw update caused an error so for now I am running off my old hdd.
moshi

Re: Weather issues - South Africa - multiple skins

Post by moshi »

which skin do you want to use?
they all use different sources, and therefore different types of location codes.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Must sound stupid, but if you search and don't find any for your taste and feel
write your own one

You can easilty port all existing measures on another skin, but not without dirtying your own hand. As long weather.com provides all the data you actually need.
sy573mx

Post by sy573mx »

I'd like to say thanks for the above help from moshi & thatsIch.
I will keep tinkering and tweaking till I am satisfied. I finally got my weather forecasts to work on some skins (including current weather) so no I will edit all the skins resource file in photoshop to be fully transparent. (I know I can just edit the .ini but some skins still have a background with a gradient when I hover the mouse over them) kind of worked when I just deleted the resource image files but not very practical.

will post on the forum with my finished desktop soon.