It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:14 pm

Rainmeter for Windows 7 coming when?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
sgtevmckay

Re: Rainmeter for Windows 7 coming when?

Post by sgtevmckay »

tomasborlin wrote:And why doesnt rainmeter save position, even though I have it enabled. Pretty annoying.
Breathe friend

We are trying to figure this out with you ;)
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

tomasborlin wrote: Dont know, possibly. How do I fix that?
If you have a normal installation, your skins folder should be located in My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins, and your Rainmeter.ini should be in Appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter. If it's portable, they'll both be in the same folder as Rainmeter.exe - wherever that is.

Cleaning Rainmeter.ini is what I hope will solve the issue with saving positions.
tomasborlin

Post by tomasborlin »

Seems to be a normal installation then.

Clearing rainmeter.ini didnt work. But I've editied the "ini's" so everything is in the position where I want it to be, then I edit the files so they are read only, that works. If the arent read only Rainmeter seems to reset the position.

The 'save position' option simply doesnt work for me.

edit: and also I've added @2 in the ini-files so I get it on the correct monitor.
gschoppe
Developer

Post by gschoppe »

multiple monitors. you likely need to edit rainmeter.ini and add @2 to the end of the x position of reach skin that goes on your secondary display
tomasborlin

Post by tomasborlin »

Yeah, actually I first added @1 but the skins ended up on the secondary monitor. Then I tried @2 and the ended up on the primary monitor.
tomasborlin

Post by tomasborlin »

Now when I minimize all windows Rainmeter also minimize. I solve one problem and get another one :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

tomasborlin wrote:Now when I minimize all windows Rainmeter also minimize. I solve one problem and get another one :D
If you are using Win+D or clicking the "peek" button on the far right of the taskbar in Win7 that will happen. Aero treats Rainmeter as a "window" in that case and hides it. If you use Win+M instead, it works fine.
tomasborlin

Post by tomasborlin »

But it worked fine just a minute ago. And the beta version is supposed to have fixed that, correct?
tomasborlin

Post by tomasborlin »

Oh, nevermind you guys, problems are piling up. I dont want to bother you with a thousand problems. I'll just wait for a better version.

edit: thanks for the help anyways.
Last edited by tomasborlin on October 19th, 2009, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

tomasborlin wrote:Oh, nevermind you guys, problems are piling up. I dont want to bother you with a thousand problems. I'll just wait for a better version.
It's not a bother. Quite the contrary: you're talking to the people who make the program. The only way for a better version to come along is if we figure out the cause of your issues and fix it.