It is currently September 29th, 2024, 5:30 pm

How do I Load 2 layouts 1 for TV and one for primary laptop

General topics related to Rainmeter.
RuinedDragonAce

How do I Load 2 layouts 1 for TV and one for primary laptop

Post by RuinedDragonAce »

I'm running a dell laptop with windows 8. I have it hooked up to a TV via HDMI constantly and i would like to be able to run my layout on my primary laptop screen as well as my TV. I am using extended screen so its like 1 huge desktop. I would much rather not mirror my screen and have double that way. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be great.

P.s - I have no problem following directions on editing any files and doing "nerdy" stuff lulz so any suggestions no matter how complicated let me hear them. Also if its not possible lets try and make it happen i'm more than down to work with you all. ^-^

Thanks guys and gals :bow:
thatsIch

Re: How do I Load 2 layouts 1 for TV and one for primary lap

Post by thatsIch »

If you use extended, than it acts as 1 desktop more or less. You need to clone your Meters and apply another Style to them, since you can recycle the Measures and your Business Logic
RuinedDragonAce

Re: How do I Load 2 layouts 1 for TV and one for primary lap

Post by RuinedDragonAce »

thatsIch wrote:If you use extended, than it acts as 1 desktop more or less. You need to clone your Meters and apply another Style to them, since you can recycle the Measures and your Business Logic

Thanks for the reply Ich :D

so what i did and (i did not want to do) but it works for now lol is this

i used one lay out that i liked and then just applied individual items from another layout to my second screen and saved it all as one lay out ... simple but i was curious if it were possible to load 2 layouts simultaneously ... its ok if not lol this way worked just as well just took a little more time haha :thumbup: