It is currently September 29th, 2024, 5:27 pm

Modified button behavior

General topics related to Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Modified button behavior

Post by balala »

Until now I used Rainmeter 3.0 r1950. Now I updated to the latest r2085. And suprise: some buttons on some skins didn't worked. I tried to solve this, but for first had no succes. After a while, I discovered that those buttons won't work, which non-highlighted, are transparent. Reading the changments of new releases, I found that on r2022, the mouse over behavior had been changed. In my oppinion, this wasn't a very useful changement and I'd like to can use that type of buttons with transparent first section. Is anybody who had this kind of troubles?
moshi

Re: Modified button behavior

Post by moshi »

i am not sure i understand you, but the usual SolidColor=0,0,0,1 works on buttons too.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

The change was to address what was really a "bug" in the functionality, where a button would register the mouse over transparent areas for purposes of changing the visible "state" of the button, IF there was a solid meter "behind" the button meter, while not seeing the mouse clicks on those transparent areas and not executing the ButtonCommand or other mouse click actions. This was improper behavior that was causing a lot of problems.

The button seemed to indicate that it could be clicked, when often it could not unless you moved the mouse actually over a solid portion of the button image.

This seems to be the opposite of the problem you are reporting, but like moshi, I probably don't understand you.

Anyway I suspect you can get the behavior you want by simply adding a solid but invisible background to the button. The way to do this is to add SolidColor=0,0,0,1 to the Button meter. Then the button will consistently register the mouse for purposes of setting the visible state, and detecting the clicks, anywhere on the meter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, my problem was that I have skins, that have solid background and a few buttons normaly are invisible. When I move the mouse over the button, it become visible. This buttons didn't function. But the SolidColor=0,0,0,1 indeed solved this. Thank you.