It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:32 pm

Question about saved layouts and wallpapers.

General topics related to Rainmeter.
amine999

Question about saved layouts and wallpapers.

Post by amine999 »

So every time I save a layout, the option "Include current wallpaper" is present, and I love the feature, but every time I save the current wallpaper (that I specifically select for each of my different layouts), it will save the wallpaper used, but if I change layout and go back to that one I saved, it will create a new theme under my "Personalize" page on "Display" (where you change themes/wallpapers/screensavers).

So my question is, is there a way to make rainmeter just go back to a certain theme instead of creating a new theme with that same wallpaper every single time?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Question about saved layouts and wallpapers.

Post by jsmorley »

I'm on Windows 8, and it certainly doesn't do that for me. The act of simply changing your desktop wallpaper doesn't create a "theme" in Windows, or at least never has for me. Rainmeter doesn't do anything with theme functionality in Windows. It just uses a Windows API to set the desktop wallpaper.
moshi

Post by moshi »

it does in Windows 7. every time you change your wallpaper there will be an "Unsaved Theme" in the control panel applet. (but only one no matter how often you change, it will not fill up).
normal Windows behaviour and not really related to Rainmeter. just try switching your wallpaper without Rainmeter.
moshi

Post by moshi »

actually "Unsaved Theme" is my current theme and pretty much the only one i use. :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

moshi wrote:it does in Windows 7. every time you change your wallpaper there will be an "Unsaved Theme" in the control panel applet. (but only one no matter how often you change, it will not fill up).
normal Windows behaviour and not really related to Rainmeter. just try switching your wallpaper without Rainmeter.
Yes, in Win8 it also keeps a current version as "Unsaved Theme" when you change your wallpaper. As you say, only one.
amine999

Post by amine999 »

moshi wrote:it does in Windows 7. every time you change your wallpaper there will be an "Unsaved Theme" in the control panel applet. (but only one no matter how often you change, it will not fill up).
That's what I do, but its a hassle to always go back since I have a lot of different cool layouts that require specific wallpapers. I just thought there was a way to make rainmeter go straight to a certain (preexisting) theme instead of creating a new "Unsaved Theme".
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

amine999 wrote: That's what I do, but its a hassle to always go back since I have a lot of different cool layouts that require specific wallpapers. I just thought there was a way to make rainmeter go straight to a certain (preexisting) theme instead of creating a new "Unsaved Theme".
No, Rainmeter really has nothing at all to do with themes.
sa3er

Post by sa3er »

I think you should be able to play with .theme files located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes using !WriteKeyValue. Haven't tested it though and don't know if it would do any good. Just an idea which came into my mind.

And read this for better understanding of themes in Microsoft Windows Vista and Seven:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/unsaved-theme-shown-listing-windows-7-vista/